R 081730Z FEB 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023 ALL-MARINE MEN’S AND WOMEN’S GOLF TEAMS//
POC/KARI HEMUND/CIV/MFS/DSN 703-784-1233/KARI.HEMUND@USMC-MCCS.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Headquarters Marine Corps Semper Fit and Recreation (MFS) is seeking applications from active duty/active reserve/activated reserve Marines interested in participating on the 2023 All-Marine Men's and Women’s Golf Teams. With the exception of Inactive Ready Reservist (IRR), reserve force is eligible to participate on All-Marine Sports teams but must be placed on orders Active Duty for Operational Support or similar by their command to participate and receive Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) funds for travel from HQMC.
2. Tentative dates for the All-Marine Men's and Women’s Golf Trial Camp are 19-24 September 2023, and the Armed Forces Championship are 25-30 September 2023. Both events are aboard Naval Base San Diego, CA (NBSD). The top six men and three women from the Armed Forces Championship are eligible to compete at the Conseil International du Sport Militaire Championship hosted by the U.S. Navy and held at NBSD from 1–8 October 2023.
3. To the fullest extent possible, commanding officers should support Marines who exhibit superior performance of specific sport skills and are encouraged to sign the All-Marine Sport applications, which authorize potential TAD for Marines attached to their units.
4. The application form is located at https:(slash)(slash)usmc-mccs.org/services/fitness/all-marine-sports/.
5. Interested Marines must submit applications directly to MFS no later than 31 July 2023. Please email completed applications to email@example.com.
6. To be considered for participation applicant must include:
a. A handicap of 3 or less for men and 20 or less for women.
b. A copy of a valid United States Golf Association handicap card.
c. All competitive results from the past two years.
7. To participate, Marines are required to have a valid Government Travel Charge Card and an active Defense Travel System account.
8. HQMC MFS will fund the travel costs associated with this event.
9. This message is canceled on 31 December 2023.
10. Release authorized by SES M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//