R 081845Z FEB 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CHANGE 2 TO THE FISCAL YEAR 2023 (FY23) SELECTIVE RETENTION BONUS (SRB) PROGRAM AND FY23 BROKEN SERVICE SRB (BSSRB) PROGRAM//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC MRA MP/YMD: 20220615//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MRA MP/YMD: 20221001//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC MRA MM/DTG: 20220412//
NARRREF (A) IS MARADMIN 295/22, FISCAL YEAR 2023 (FY23) SELECTIVE RETENTION BONUS (SRB) PROGRAM AND FY23 BROKEN SERVICE SRB (BSSRB) PROGRAM. REF (B) IS MARADMIN 557/22, CHANGE 1 TO THE FISCAL YEAR 2023 (FY23) SELECTIVE RETENTION BONUS (SRB) PROGRAM AND FY23 BROKEN SERVICE SRB (BSSRB) PROGRAM. REF (C) IS MARADMIN 185/22, FISCAL YEAR 2023 ENLISTED RETENTION CAMPAIGN.//
POC/M. KILBER/MAJ/CMC (MPP-20)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9362/EMAIL: MEGAN.KILBER@USMC.MIL//
POC/B. LODGE/MGYSGT/CMC (MMEA-1)/TEL: 703-432-9125/EMAIL: BRYANT.LODGE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This message refines the FY23 SRB plan to meet dynamic personnel requirements. Other than the changes outlined in section 3, all authorities directed in ref (A) and ref (B) remain in effect until 30 September 2023 or otherwise stated.
2. Situation Update. The Marine Corps is on-track to exceed the aggregate mission for the FY23 retention campaign. However, there are targeted opportunities remaining for proven, committed Marines to continue their service, receive significant bonuses, and gain enhanced promotion opportunities by aligning their skills and abilities to high-demand, lateral-move MOSs.
3. FY23 Selective Retention Bonus Changes:
3.a. Kicker Changes. Lance Corporals in PMOS 6212, 6252, 6282, 6332 now qualify for the Aircraft Maintenance Kicker (AMK). Para 3.b.3 of ref (A) changes to authorize the AMK for Marines in the rank of E3 in these PMOSs who hold a requisite NMOS: 6012-Safe For Flight (SFF) Controller, 6016- Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI), 6017-Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative (CDQAR), or 6018-Quality Assurance Representative (QAR).
3.b. Bonus changes. Lance Corporals now qualify for select Zone A PMOS bonuses. Paragraph 3.m of ref (A) is hereby changed to the below. Changes include increased E3 bonus amounts for 6212, 6252, and 6332.
PMOS E3 E4 E5 & Above
6212 29,000 32,000 35,000
6252 29,000 32,000 35,000
6332 29,000 32,000 35,000
4. Remaining Reenlistment and Lateral Move Opportunities. Now through the remainder of the FY23 retention campaign, a targeted emphasis is placed on the below PMOSs for reenlistments and lateral moves. Additional lateral move opportunities may be available for qualified Marines.
4.a. Zone A. First Term (FTAP) Marines who desire a lateral move may submit a request into any career track with remaining targeted reenlistment opportunities.
4.b. The following targets MOS opportunities remaining for first term Marines. Marines who are approved for reenlistment into the below MOSs are eligible to receive the listed SRB below and as per ref(A). A $40,000 SRB kicker is available for those Marines who agree to lateral move and reenlist for 72-months. For example, a qualified Sergeant who lateral moves into 0211 and agrees to serve 72-months will qualify for both the $55,000 MOS-specific bonus and the $40,000 kicker for a total of $95,000.
PMOS E3 E4 E5
0211LM 53,000 53,500 55,000
1751LM - 48,600 51,300
2336LM 53,000 53,500 54,000
0313LM 15,750 17,000 18,000
2651LM 16,000 17,750 19,500
6541LM - - -
4.c. Zone B/C. The below list outlines remaining targeted opportunities for subsequent term (STAP) Marines. Marines who are approved for reenlistment into the below MOSs are eligible to receive the listed SRB below and as per ref (A).
Zone B Zone C
PMOS E5 & Below E6 & Above E6 E7 & Above
0369CP 10,000 14,000 8,000 12,000
0372LM* 50,000 53,000 27,500 30,000
0241LM* 21,600 27,000 13,000 14,600
0231 29,160 32,400 19,500 21,000
0451 10,800 12,150 - -
6531 - - - -
Note: *PMOS is not eligible for LM at Zone C
5. Though every career track has unique requirements, if you are interested, apply. HQMC will consider all waivers for lateral moves.
6. Interested Marines and their leadership are encouraged to contact their unit Career Planner for additional information on the lateral move process. The unit Career Planer will provide the complete list of availability for reenlistments and lateral move opportunities.
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. This MARADMIN cancels on 30 Sep 2023.
9. Release authorized by LtGen James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//