R 100900Z FEB 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2023 NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY COMPUTER NETWORK OPERATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 051409ZAUG22//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20210510//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20190215//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 398/22, FISCAL YEAR 2023 APPLICATIONS FOR THE NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY COMPUTER NETWORK OPERATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF B IS MCO 1300.8 W/CH-1, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS MCO 1900.16 W/CH-2, SEPARATION AND RETIREMENT MANUAL.//
POC/A. F. CALLANAN/MAJ/IMD/TEL: 667-812-8521/EMAIL: AUDREY.CALLANAN@USMC.MIL//
POC/B. J. SIMMONS/CIV/MARFORCYBER/TEL: 443-654-2169/EMAIL: BJSIMM2@NSA.GOV//
POC/M. D. SCOTTO/MAJ/MMOA-3/TEL: 703-784-9284/EMAIL: MICHAEL.D.SCOTTO@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. On 03 October 2022, the Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (DC, M&RA) convened the FY23 Computer Network Operations Development Program (CNODP) Selection Board to select Marines as primary candidates and identify alternates for assignment to National Security Agency’s (NSA) CNODP Class of 2026.
2. A subsequent NSA selection panel in December 2022 confirmed the Marines identified in paragraph 4.a. as fully qualified for assignment to the CNODP.
3. The Marine Corps is committed to ensuring the most professional representation of our service's and nation's interests in these high-visibility, high-impact positions. Selection to the CNODP is a testament to the quality of the highly technically-competent Marines whose participation in the CNODP will further their development in the areas of secure system design, vulnerability analysis, computer network defense, and computer network exploitation. The selected individuals will join the cadre of technical leaders who will improve Department of Defense and Marine Corps Cyber Network Operations capabilities.
4. Attendance and timelines.
4.a. Due to an ongoing review of the Joint Cyber Develop Program, which comprises the CNODP, the selected candidates may not be able to begin participation in the CNODP during summer 2023 as planned. In the event that selectees are unable to begin Core Training in July 2023 because of the ongoing review, Manpower Management (MM) will automatically defer the FY23 selectees to the FY24 board. Deferred candidates will be automatically selected on the FY24 CNODP selection board.
4.b. MARFORCYBER, in coordination with MM, will notify the selected Marines as soon as possible regarding whether the CNODP will proceed in FY23 as planned with training beginning in July 2023. Please contact the MARFORCYBER AC/S G/J-7 listed in paragraph (6) for more details on the program.
4.c. Primary selectees shall contact their PMOS monitors to discuss assignment options in the event of a deferral.
4.d. Marines who accept assignment to the CNODP will incur a six- year service obligation beginning in the fiscal year in which they attend the CNODP.
5. Board results.
5.a. The board selected the following Marines to attend the NSA’s CNODP class of 2026:
Name Rank MOS
Moye, Damaize J. Capt 0202
Scott, Cole M. Cpl 1721
5.b. The board selected the following Marine as an alternate for the NSA’s CNODP class of 2026:
Name Rank MOS
Miller, Jacob D. SSgt 1721
6. Primary selectees are to accept via email to their primary MOS monitor and to the MARFORCYBER A/CS G/J-7 listed in paragraph (6) NLT 14 calendar days from the release of this message.
6.a. Declinations. Selected Marines who subsequently decline to participate in the CNODP must submit their declination in writing (AA form) to HQMC (MMOA-3) via the first O-6 commander in their chain of command NLT 14 calendar days from the release of this message. A declination renders a Marine ineligible for screening on future CNODP selection boards.
6.b. Alternates fleeted up to fill vacated CNODP quotas are also required to accept or formally decline via the procedure described above.
6.c. Deferrals. Marines selected for the CNODP by the board who are unable to execute orders due to extraordinary life or professional circumstances may request a deferral. If approved by the Director, Manpower Management Division, Marines will be automatically selected on the FY24 board. Primary selects may submit a deferral request in writing (AA Form) to HQMC (MMOA-3) via the first O-6 commander in their chain of command.
6.d. All correspondence must originate from the selected Marine. In the case of AA forms requesting declination or deferral, Marines should scan all documents into a single portable document format (PDF) and email it to the MMOA SMB mailbox at: SMBMMOAPLANSO@usmc.mil.
6.e. Once a Marine accepts their selection and receives orders, they are subject to references (b) and (c).
7. Points of contact are:
Maj A. F. Callanan, Cyber Occupational Field Manager
COMM: (667) 812-8521
Mr. B. J. Simmons, MARFORCYBER AC/S G/J-7
COMM: (443) 654-2169
Maj M. D. Scotto, Plans Officer, MMOA-3
DSN: 278-9272, COMM: (703) 784-9272
8. Release authorized by MajGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//