R 171345Z FEB 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2023 JOINT WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP SYMPOSIUM//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/E. C. HABIB/CAPT (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: EVAN.HABIB@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The 2023 Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium (JWLS) will be held from 29 June to 30 June 2023 at the San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA.
2. The Sea Service Leadership Association (SSLA) hosts the Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium on an annual basis. SSLA is a non-profit organization that provides professional development through networking, education, and mentorship for women from all three maritime armed forces – the United States Navy, the United States Marine Corps, and the United States Coast Guard. Attendance at JWLS is open to everyone to share in the opportunity to meet amazing trailblazers, find a mentor, and share best practices on how to best lead and inspire others. SSLA is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps. More information can be found on their website at http:(slash)(slash)www.sealeader.org.
3. Headquarters United States Marine Corps, Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor 161 conference registration fees and travel expenses for this event. The MPE Branch will fund travel for four days, the authorized travel days will be 28 June 2023 and 1 July 2023. Lodging reimbursement is limited to the government rate and the traveler must utilize the integrated lodging program as applicable. Commands may authorize rental cars using unit funds.
4. Outreach events are open to all Marines, Sailors, and civilian Marines regardless of rank, race, ethnicity, gender, or status. Requests to attend this event should be emailed to the group mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, EDIPI, email, and duty station. Marines must have a government travel charge card in their possession and a Defense Travel System profile joined to their respective unit. Submit requests to participate no later than 15 May 2023. Requests received after the NLT date will not be facilitated.
5. Uniform of the day for this event is Service “C” for Marines, service equivalent for Sailors, and business casual for civilian Marines.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//