R 271600Z FEB 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2023 USMC ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP SUMMIT//
REF/A/COMMANDANT’S PLANNING GUIDANCE/8OCT20//
AMPN/REF A IS THE 38TH COMMANDANT’S PLANNING GUIDANCE//
POC/ E. C. HABIB/CAPT/(MPE)/ TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: EVAN.HABIB@USMC.MIL//
POC/M. SHEPPARD/CIV/(MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The 2023 USMC Asian Pacific American (APA) Professional Leadership Summit will be held 26 – 27 April 2023 at The Clubs at Quantico (TCAQ) aboard Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia. The Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) of Manpower and Reserve Affairs will sponsor 31 participants’ conference registration fees and travel expenses.
2. USMC APA Professionals are dedicated to building and strengthening the APA community of leaders through professional development and enhanced career opportunities.
3. The 2023 USMC APA Professional Leadership Summit will present an opportunity to connect on three organizational levels: individual–leadership development and mentorship; community – building relationships and strengthening ties; and organization – providing institutional value to the USMC using the strengths of APAs. This summit will focus on the theme of “Power Words: Proactive, Productive, and Positive Language for Persuasion.” Power Words provide practical tools and frameworks to maximize and innovate cross-culturally to build more influence, leadership, and collaborative skills in the workplace.
4. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through MPE. Rental cars are authorized at the discretion of the traveler’s command, using unit funds.
5. Requests to participate in this event should be emailed to the group mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, EDIPI, email, and duty station. Marines must have an active government travel charge card in their possession and a Defense Travel System profile joined to their respective unit. Submit requests to participate no later than 15 March 2023. Requests received after the NLT date will not be facilitated.
6. The uniform of the day for the event is Service “C”.
7. USMC APA Professionals is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
9. Release authorized by Lieutenant General James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//