R 271845Z FEB 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC PPO PO//
SUBJ/UPDATED REAL-ID GUIDANCE FOR SITE PERIMETER ACCESS CONTROL FEB-2023//
REF/C/DoDM 5200.08 Volume 3//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MARADMIN 063/23, UPDATE TO REAL-ID GUIDANCE FOR SITE PERIMETER ACCESS CONTROL FEB-2023. REFERENCE B IS MCO 5530.13, MARINE CORPS SITE PERIMETER ACCESS CONTROL. REFERENCE C IS DODM 5200.08 VOLUME 3, PHYSICAL SECURITY PROGRAM: ACCESS TO DOD INSTALLATIONS//
POC/MR. TONY PIERCE/CIV/UNIT: PPO PO/EMAIL: CHARLES.A.PIERCE1@USMC.MIL/TEL: (703)695-7202//
POC/KENNETH PANGANIBAN/SSGT/UNIT: PPO PO/EMAIL: KENNETH.PANGANIBAN@USMC.MIL/TEL: (703) 692-4272//
POC/STEVEN MUNJOY/CTR/UNIT: PPO PO/EMAIL: STEVEN.MUNJOY.CTR@USMC.MIL/TEL: (703) 692-4234//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides a correction to, and cancels, reference (a).
2. Background. References (b) and (c) provide site perimeter access control guidelines and further defines source identity documents required to gain access to Marine Corps sites. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is responsible for the enforcement of the REAL-ID Act and has extended the REAL-ID full enforcement date to May 7, 2025. Reference (c) does not allow the use of Non-REAL-ID compliant driver’s license or identification cards for access to Department of Defense (DoD) installations. The REAL-ID compliant driver’s license or identification card is identified as an acceptable document for identity purposes to access federal facilities, including military installations. Non-REAL-ID compliant driver’s licenses or identification cards may not be used for access to Marine Corps installations.
3.A. Any State (including the District of Columbia (DC) and United States territories and possessions) issued driver's license or identification card not REAL ID compliant as defined by DHS guidance in 3.C MAY NOT be used for identity verification purposes for access.
3.B. Any driver’s license or identification card that bears a marking of "Not Valid for Federal Purposes," "Federal Limits May Apply," "Not For Official Use," or other similar markings MAY NOT be used for access.
3.C. All persons requesting access to a Marine Corps site must provide an acceptable source identity document as outlined in references (b) and (c) for access control identity proofing purposes. Persons not in possession of a state issued (including DC and United States territories and possessions) REAL-ID compliant driver’s license or identification card are required to provide an approved alternate source identity document. Examples of approved source identity documents, in the absence of a REAL-ID compliant driver’s license or identification card are: Original or certified true copy of a birth certificate bearing a raised seal; a social security card, and a driver’s license or identification card issued by a State, territory, possession, or the District of Columbia that is not REAL ID-compliant. All three documents must bear the same name, or a former name as documented on acceptable name change documentation such as a court order, marriage certificate, or divorce decree.
3.D. Further examples of approved source identity documents are provided in references (b) and (c).
4. Execution. Commanders will ensure widest dissemination.
5. Administration and Logistics. The remaining requirements of reference (a) remain in effect.
5.A. This MARADMIN applies to REAL-ID driver’s license and identification cards only and does not apply to any other approved federal credentials.
5.B. Direct questions regarding this MARADMIN to the points of contact identified in this MARADMIN.
5.C. Further DHS REAL-ID guidance is available at www.dhs.gov/real-id. Commands are encouraged to track updates to REAL ID status and guidance at https://www.dhs.gov/real-id.
6. Command and Control. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Total Force.
7. Release authorized by Major General R. B. Turner, Jr, Director, Operations Division, Plans, Policies and Operations//