R 201830Z MAR 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/2022 MARINE CORPS GROUND SAFETY AWARDS RECIPIENTS//
REF/A/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS/R172030Z18OCT22//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 540/22, CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR 2022 MARINE CORPS GROUND SAFETY AWARDS. REF B IS MCO 5100.29C, MARINE CORPS SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, VOL 1, CH 5//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. I am pleased to announce the recipients of the 2022 Marine Corps Ground Safety Awards, recognizing commands and individuals for their significant contributions and accomplishments in the field of safety management and mishap prevention during fiscal year 2022.
2. Warrior Preservation Award: Marine Corps Base (MCB) Camp Butler, Okinawa, JP.
3. Marine Corps Safety Excellence Awards:
3.a. Enlisted SSgt and below: SSgt Arturo Marquez, 2d Radio Battalion, MCB Camp Lejeune, NC.
3.b. Enlisted GySgt and higher: MGySgt Elvis R. Gonzalez, 3d Marine Logistics Group, MCB Camp Kinser, Okinawa, JP.
3.c. Officer: CWO2 Jeremy Owens, Combat Logistics Regiment 1, MCB Camp Pendleton, CA.
3.d. Civilian: Mr. Ronald L. Lanoie, Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, SC.
4. Marine Corps Safety Awards:
4.a. Group I: No nominations received.
4.b. Group II: 3d Marine Logistics Group, Okinawa, JP.
4.c. Group III: Marine Corps Air Station, Camp Pendleton, CA.
4.d. Group IV: Marine Corps Logistics Base, Albany, GA.
5. The respective commanding general will present unit and individual awards on behalf of the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC). CMC Safety Division will mail all awards and trophies to the unit addresses of winning installations, units, and individuals.
6. All nominees are commended for the significant contributions made towards reducing mishaps, increasing mission readiness, and preserving our most precious asset – our Marines, Sailors, and Civilian Marines. Congratulations to all for a job well done.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Gregg P. Olson, Director, Marine Corps Staff.//