R 291030Z MAR 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION OF POLICY ISSUES FOR CALENDAR YEAR 2023 (CY23) MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARD (MCRPB)//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CONGRESS/YMD: 941201//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/SECNAV/YMD: 0190129//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC RA/YMD: 0121210//
NARR/REF A IS U.S. CODE TITLE 10 SECTION 10304, MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARD. EF B IS SECNAVINST 5420.170M, THE NATIONAL NAVY AND MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARDS. EF C IS MCO 5420R.8H, THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARD//
POC/J. TORM/COL/MCRPB CHIEF OF STAFF/EMAIL: JENNY.STORM@USMC.MIL//
POC/D. CARPENTER/MAJ/MCRPB ISSUES COMMITTEE/EMAIL: DAVID.CARPENTER@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To solicit reserve policy issues for consideration by the CY23 MCRPB. The CY23 MCRPB is scheduled to convene on Marine Corps Base Quantico in May 2023.
2. Background. The MCRPB is mandated per the references to consider, recommend, and report to the Secretary of the Navy on reserve policy matters. These recommendations are generated by careful review of policy issues submitted from the Total Force.
3. Action. Each year, the MCRPB solicits policy issues for consideration. Submission of policy issues from the Total Force is vital to the success of the board and help shape future policy of the Marine Corps Reserve.
4. Submission Process
a. Primary method for submission of issues is at the following website: https:(slash)(slash)forms.osi.apps.mil/r/Bd4yKyaNK9.
b. If unable to access the above website, an “issue submission template” can be downloaded from the MCRPB webpage at https:(slash)(slash)go.usa.gov/xuemy. Additional slides, information papers, or other supporting documents may be included, if required.
1. Each submission must summarize the issue, identify the Specific policy or policies to be changed (e.g. Marine Corps Order, Secretary of the Navy Instruction, Department of Defense Instruction, U.S. Code), recommend a change to the policy, and clearly articulate how that policy affects the Reserve Component.
2. Submit completed issue templates via email to POCs listed above.
c. The deadline to submit policy issues for consideration at the May 2023 board meeting is 2359 EDT, 28 April 2023. Policy issues received after the deadline may be considered at subsequent board meetings.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Total Force.
6. Release authorized by Major General M. S. Martin, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//