R 310930Z MAR 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS OBSERVANCE OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS AND PREVENTION MONTH IN APRIL 2023 //
POC/L. REED/NAF-5/MFC/-/TEL: 703-432-0173/ EMAIL: LINDSAY.REED@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. April 2023 marks the 19th annual Department of Defense (DoD) observance of Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month (SAAPM), and this year’s theme is “Step Forward. Prevent. Report. Advocate.”
2. SAAPM increases awareness of sexual assault prevention and response efforts in the military community.
3. During SAAPM, the Marine Corps actively promotes enterprise-wide efforts to prevent sexual assault, support Service Members and families, and foster a culture of respect for all.
4. The Marine Corps remains committed to preventing incidents of sexual assault by promoting positive behaviors, fostering healthy command climates, and building skills to identify and prevent negative behaviors. Marine Corps leaders work diligently to educate and encourage reporting. Marines of all ranks take action to prevent sexual assault and eliminate negative behaviors.
5. Commanders, Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARC), SAPR Victim Advocates (VA), medical providers, counselors, and Victims’ Legal Counsel provide responsive, sensitive, and timely support for victims of sexual assault. Investigative agencies and judge advocates ensure each Unrestricted Report of sexual assault advances through the military justice process swiftly.
6. As a Marine Corps Community, we can show support for the SAPR program by attending local events during SAAPM. Please contact your SARC or SAPR VA for a list of SAAPM events or to help organize an event.
7. This MARADMIN applies to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. This MARADMIN is cancelled 1 May 2023.
9. Release authorized by LtGen James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//