R 040830Z APR 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/2023 DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION NATIONAL PRESCRIPTION DRUG TAKE BACK DAY//
POC/R.L. WILSON/GS-14/HQMC MFCP-1/-/TEL: (703)784-9034/ EMAIL: ROBERT.WILSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides information regarding the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) semi-annual National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, taking place on 22 Apr 2023. The National Prescription Drug Take Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for misuse of medications.
2. Proper disposal of prescription drugs helps prevent inadvertent consumption by youth, deters misuse by teens and adults, and stops medication from entering the water supply through improper disposal.
3. Substance Abuse Counseling Center (SACC) Directors and Drug Demand Reduction Coordinators (DDRCs) are encouraged to support this year’s National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. SACC Directors and DDRCs may contact their local Provost Marshal Office representative to request support for this event onboard their installations.
4. During the event, installation DDRCs are encouraged to field questions and provide individuals with information regarding the dangers of prescription drug misuse. Each SACC is encouraged to coordinate with local law enforcement officials to establish collection points to provide a safe venue for Marines, family members, civilian employees, and retirees to anonymously turn in unused, unneeded, and expired prescription medications for disposal.
5. Additional information on national collection sites can be found on the DEA website, http:(slash)(slash)www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. This MARADMIN is canceled 23 April 2023.
8. Release authorized by LtGen James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//