R 110915Z APR 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG EDCOM PRES MCU QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/ACADEMIC YEAR 2024 ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION NONRESIDENT SEMINAR PROGRAMS//
REF/A/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/14 JUN 12//
REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/132101ZSEP21//
REF/C/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/191450ZDEC16//
REF/D/DOC/HEADQUARTERS MARINE CORPS/DEC 22//
NARR/REF A, MCO P1400.32D, IS THE ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF B, MARADMIN 474-21, UPDATED THE PME PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS FOR ENLISTED MARINES. REF C, MARADMIN 663-16, IDENTIFIED EXEMPTIONS TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS. REF D, NAVMC 11580, IS THE STANDARD COMMAND SCREENING CHECKLIST.//
POC/T.J. DEVLIN/CIV/UNIT: MCU/EDCOM/CDET/TEL: (703) 784-0741/EMAIL: TIMOTHY.DEVLIN@USMCU.EDU.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the Academic Year (AY) 2024 class dates for the College of Distance Education and Training (CDET) Enlisted College seminar programs: EPME5500 Sergeants School Seminar Program (SSSP), EPME6500 Career School Seminar Program (CSSP), and EPME7500 Advanced School Seminar Program (ASSP).
2. For purposes of promotion, completing a seminar program is equivalent to completing the associated school at a Staff Noncommissioned Officer Academy.
3. The seminars are executed through the CDET regional campuses. Class dates for all seminar programs across all regions will run concurrently. The AY 2024 class dates for the CDET Enlisted College seminar programs are as follows:
Class Registration Deadline Beginning Week Ending Week
1-24 23 Jun 23 10 Jul 23 20 Oct 23
2-24 20 Oct 23 6 Nov 23 23 Feb 24
3-24 23 Feb 24 12 Mar 24 22 Jun 24
4. Nominees must meet the Marine Corps Body Composition Program standards, have completed the associated prerequisite Distance Education Program (DEP) on MarineNet (EPME5000 Sergeants School DEP for SSSP, EPME6000 Career School DEP for CSSP, and EPME7000 Advanced School DEP for ASSP), and be endorsed by their commanding officer via the command screening checklist, reference (d).
5. Seminar Registration
5.a. Seminar registration can be accomplished through MarineNet.
5.a.1. Individual Marines or their units can request enrollment in any of the seminar programs via MarineNet at https:(slant)(slant)www.marinenet.usmc.mil.
5.a.2. A completed Navy and Marine Corps Publication (NAVMC) 11580 Command Screening Checklist endorsed by the unit’s commander is required to complete the enrollment process.
5.a.3. Training videos explaining the enrollment process via MarineNet can be found on the CDET homepage at https:(slant)(slant)www.usmcu.edu/CDET/enlisted/#cdet_enrollment.
5.b. The registration deadline is 14 days prior to the convening week. The command must approve enrollment request by the registration deadline. If the request shows as pending in MarineNet, contact the unit training section to request a unit training manager approve the request in MarineNet, or contact the unit Sergeant Major to ensure the command has approved the request before the registration deadline.
5.c. Regional Points of Contact (POC) for seminars are:
5.c.1. Camp Lejeune Region: All seminars, Eve Worley, (910) 451-2149, CDET_CampLejeune.RC@usmc.mil.
5.c.2. Camp Pendleton Region: ASSP, Robert Hightower, (760) 763-8425, CDET_CampPendleton@usmc.mil. SSSP and CSSP, Harrison Tanksley, (760) 763-8425, CDET_CampPendleton@usmc.mil.
5.c.3. Fort Worth Region: SSSP, Earl DeLack, (817) 782-1204, CDET_FortWorth@usmc.mil. CSSP and ASSP, Steve Collier, (817) 782-1204
5.c.4. Hawaii Region: All seminars, Juan Williams, (808) 257-3963,CDET_Hawaii@usmc.mil.
5.c.5. Miramar Region: SSSP, Patrick Tracy, (858) 307-1373, CDET_Miramar@usmc.mil. CSSP and ASSP, Sylvester Daniels, (619) 524-1710, CDET_Miramar@usmc.mil.
5.c.6. Okinawa Region: All seminars, Cortez Pree, DSN (315) 645-1745/2500, CDET_Okinawa@usmc.mil.
5.c.7. Quantico Region: All seminars, Gary Smith, (703) 432-6520, MCU_CDET_Quantico@usmcu.edu. All MSG Marines fall in the Quantico Region.
5.c.8. Quantico (South) Region: All seminars, Chris Marvin, (910)478-7372, MCU_CDET_Quantico@usmcu.edu.
5.c.9. OCONUS Students: All seminars for Marines stationed (not deployed) in an OCONUS location not covered by one of the CDET regions above, Steve O’Dell, (703) 784-2410, CDET_oconus@usmc.mil.
5.d. Email is the preferred method of communication.
5.e. Additional information may be found on the CDET website, https:(slant)(slant)www.usmcu.edu/CDET/enlisted.
6. CDET and the Enlisted College recognize the value of attendance of the seminar programs by sister service members. The different perspectives and experiences of these students are an invaluable addition to the education of the force. To this end, a limited number of seats are typically available for sister Service Members within each region for each cycle of the seminar programs. Nominees must have completed the associated prerequisite DEP on MarineNet. This is accomplished by creating a MarineNet account by selecting the “Create Account” button at https:(slant)(slant)www.marinenet.usmc.mil. Questions regarding availability, or assistance with the distance education requirement, should be directed to the appropriate regional POC.
7. Amplifying Instructions
7.a. Temporary Additional Duty is not authorized for these seminar programs.
7.b. All students require access to a personal computer with audio and video capability, as well as an internet connection, while participating in a seminar program.
7.c. Sergeants attending the SSSP will be required to read the book “You Are Worth It: Building a Life Worth Fighting For,” by Don Yaeger and Kyle Carpernter. Sergeants are required to purchase or otherwise acquire this book through the base or local library for the duration of the seminar.
7.d. All reading requirements for the CSSP are provided; staff sergeants attending the CSSP are not required to acquire any outside reading material for the seminar.
7.e. Gunnery sergeants scheduled to attend the ASSP will be required to read the book “Black Hearts: One Platoon’s Descent into Madness in Iraq’s Triangle of Death,” by Jim Frederick. Gunnery sergeants are required to purchase or otherwise acquire this book through the base or local library for the duration of the seminar.
8. Release authorized by Brigadier General Maura M. Hennigan, President, Marine Corps University.//