R 180830Z APR 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 2023 LIZ BLANC EXCEPTIONAL SEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE COORDINATOR OF THE YEAR//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the 2023 Liz Blanc Exceptional Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) of the Year. Elizabeth “Liz” Blanc was a Department of Defense (DoD) professional who dedicated her life to supporting victims of sexual assault before passing away after a long battle with cancer. The award was named after Liz in 2020 to honor her immeasurable impact on the DoD.
2. Background. The DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Office annually recognizes individuals whose work demonstrates noteworthy and outstanding service in support of victims of sexual assault and the Marine Corps SAPR Program.
3. Congratulations to Maj Sharon L. Rollins, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Cyberspace Command (MARFORCYBER), on selection as the 2023 Liz Blanc Exceptional Sexual Assault Response Coordinator.
4. Maj Rollins demonstrated her extraordinary commitment to providing sexual assault survivors with quality support by leading the initiative to execute a comprehensive SAPR Program for MARFORCYBER. Her engaging leadership style and professional demeanor facilitated a positive culture amongst the Victim Advocate under MARFORCYBER. Maj Rollins established relationships with the National Security Agency's SAPR personnel and capitalized on opportunities to combine educational events to reach the Joint Force personnel from across Fort George G. Meade, MD. She is mission driven and empathetic, traits that are needed as a SARC. Maj Rollins' aggressive approach and ability to think creatively and ensure support to each command while serving in a high operational tempo billet as the Marine Corps Cyberspace Warfare Group Future Operations Officer highlight her tenacity as a SARC.
5. All nominees are commended for their outstanding service and commitment to the SAPR Program.
6. This MARADMIN is cancelled 30 June 2024.
7. Release authorized by LtGen James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//