R 181800Z MAY 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2023 FEDERALLY EMPLOYED WOMEN NATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/E. C. HABIB/CAPT/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: EVAN.HABIB@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Federally Employed Women (FEW) National Training Program will be held from July 10, 2023, to July 14, 2023, in Columbus, Ohio.
2. FEW is a premier training experience for all governmental affiliations. It offers sessions, workshops, and presenters that provide essential skills to build successful careers and opportunities for advancement. The Leadership Summit will provide professional instruction on topics that meet the five Office of Personnel Management executive core qualifications (Leading Change, Leading People, Results Driven, Business Acumen, and Building Coalitions). FEW is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps. More information can be found on their website www.few.org.
3. Headquarters United States Marine Corps, Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor 15 conference registration fees and travel expenses for this event. The authorized travel days will be 9 July 2023 and 15 July 2023. Lodging reimbursement is limited to the government rate and the traveler must utilize the integrated lodging program as applicable. Commands may authorize rental cars using unit funds.
4. Outreach events are open to all Marines, Sailors, and Civilian Marines regardless of rank, race, ethnicity, gender, or status. Requests to attend this event should be emailed to the group mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil via the Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, EDIPI, email, and duty station. Marines must have a government travel charge card in their possession and a Defense Travel System profile joined to their respective unit. Requests to participate must be submitted no later than (NLT) 5 June 2023. Requests received after the NLT date will not be facilitated.
5. Uniform of the day for this event is Service “C” for Marines, service equivalent for Sailors, and business casual for Civilian Marines.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//