R 222030Z MAY 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS AND PREVENTION MONTH POSTER CONTEST WINNERS AND RUNNERS UP//
POC/J.SMITH/NAF/MFC/-/TEL: 703-784-0205/EMAIL: JASON.M.SMITH@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the winners of the annual Commandant of the Marine Corps sponsored poster contest in support of Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month (SAAPM).
2. Background. In January 2023, the Marine Corps announced the annual Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) sponsored poster contest in recognition of the April 2023 SAAPM, with the ongoing Department of Defense theme, “Step Forward. Prevent. Report. Advocate.” This theme reinforces how all Service Members can promote and increase awareness of behaviors that foster respect, healthy commands, and ensure mission readiness.
3. Congratulations to the following III Marine Expeditionary Force Marines for their group entry’s selection as the winner of the 2023 SAAPM Poster Contest. Sergeant Thuan Nguyen, Sergeant Julian Martinmar, Corporal Paley Fenner, Lance Corporal Karen Lim, and Lance Corporal Josiah Donovan created the winning entry incorporating the theme and words, “Step Forward. Prevent. Report. Advocate.”
4. Congratulations to the first runner up, from 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, Sergeant Antonio Sanchez, second runner up, from 4th Marine Logistics Group, First Lieutenant Cintia Vickery, and third runner up, from Marine Corps Installations East, Corporal Zeta Johnson.
5. All contributors are applauded for dedicating their time, talent, and creativity in support of the Marine Corps Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program.
6. Contest winners will be highlighted across Marine Corps websites and featured on social media platforms.
7. This MARADMIN is cancelled 31 May 2024.
8. Release authorized by LtGen James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//