R 231530Z MAY 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2023 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISOR OF THE YEAR AWARD//
REF/A/DOC/MPE LOI/ NARR/REF A IS MPE LETTER OF INSTRUCTION FOR EOA OF THE YEAR AWARD//
POC/J. K. MORALES/CMC(MPE)/TEL: 703-784-9371/EMAIL: JACQUELINE.MORALES@USMC.MIL//
POC/G. BENAVIDES/MGYSGT/CMC(MPE)/TEL: 703-784-9371/EMAIL: GRISELDA.BENAVIDES1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN solicits nominations for the Fiscal Year 2023 (FY23) Equal Opportunity Advisor (EOA) of the Year Award.
2. The Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will convene the FY23 EOA of the Year Award board on or about 28 July 2023. Marines nominated for the EOA of the Year must have positively impacted their commanding general’s or commander's Equal Opportunity Program.
3. Applications must be submitted to the MPE point of contact no later than 21 July 2023.
4. Nominees must meet the following criteria:
a. Served as an EOA, with the billet military occupational specialty of 0147, during FY23.
b. Displayed sustained superior performance that significantly and positively impacted mission accomplishment.
c. Meets all reenlistment requirements.
5. Nominations must, at a minimum, contain the following information:
a. Nomination letter endorsed by the first general officer in the chain of command.
b. Concise resume of qualifications, including billet descriptions and the significant contributions of the EOA.
c. One-page autobiography.
d. List of completed Equal Opportunity enhancing course during the reporting period.
e. Basic Individual Record and Basic Training Record.
f. Pages 3, 11, 12, and 13 from the Service Record Book.
6. The Marine selected as the EOA of the Year will be recognized during the FY23 EOA Symposium.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General, James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//