R 232015Z MAY 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA//
SUBJ/MAJOR MEGAN MCCLUNG AWARD BOARD RESULTS FOR FISCAL YEAR 23 LEADERSHIP AWARDS//
AMPN/REF A IS MARADMIN 100/23, FY23 MAJOR MEGAN MCCLUNG LEADERSHIP AWARD SOLICITATION//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Marine Corps has completed selections for the Major Megan McClung Fiscal Year 23 Awards.
2. The Major Megan McClung Leadership Award was named after the first female Marine Corps officer killed in combat during the Iraq war. The award recognizes servicemembers’ leadership skills and their contributions towards the tenets of equal opportunity, human relations, and public service.
3. The award selections were divided into four rank categories: field grade officer, company grade, staff non-commissioned officer, and enlisted. The following personnel are selected as recipients of the Major Megan McClung Leadership Award:
(1) Lieutenant Colonel Ania V. Driscoll, U.S. European Command
(2) Captain Lakyra Pharms, 3d Assault Amphibian Battalion, Camp Pendleton, California.
(3) Sergeant Major Michelle J. Hill, Marine Aircraft Group 49, Detachment C, New Orleans, Louisiana.
(4) Corporal Ana Rinconesurbina, 1st Marine Division Band, Camp Pendleton, California.
4. Congratulations to the award recipients and their commands.
5. The Major Megan McClung Award will be presented at the Joint Women's Leadership Symposium (JWLS) 29-30 June 2023 in San Diego, California.
6. Release authorized by Lieutenant General James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant, Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//