R 051700Z JUN 23
MSGID/MARADMIN/CMC CD WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2023 MARINE CORPS LEAGUE ENLISTED AWARDS RECIPIENTS//
REF/A/MSGID: MARADMIN 094/23 171400ZFEB23 REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20180501 NARR/REF A IS 2023 MARINE CORPS LEAGUE ENLISTED AWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT. REF B IS MCO 5800.16 V8, LEGAL SUPPORT AND ADMINISTRATION MANUAL (LSAM) VOLUME 8 “GIFTS TO THE MARINE CORPS, CIVIL LITIGATION, AND CLAIMS”//
POC/B. BORKA/-/CIV/MCL/TEL: 703-207-9588/EMAIL: BBORKA@MCLEAGUE.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Marine Corps League (MCL) has selected the following individuals for the 2023 Marine Corps League Enlisted Awards. Congratulations to all on a job well done!
1.A. Sergeant Major Wilbur Bestwick Award: Gunnery Sergeant Jack H. Hausmann, Reconnaissance Training Company, Advanced Infantry Training Battalion, School of Infantry (West). Awarded to an enlisted Marine in a Ground Combat Element of the operating forces who has made an outstanding contribution to increased combat readiness within the organization.
1.B. Sergeant Major Frederick B. Douglass Award: Sergeant Andre M. Doss, Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 262. Awarded to an enlisted Marine in an Aviation Combat Element of the operating forces who has made a significant contribution to increased combat readiness within the organization.
1.C. Gunnery Sergeant Carlos N. Hathcock II Award: Staff Sergeant Caleb A. Neff, Reconnaissance Training Company, Advanced Infantry Training Battalion, School of Infantry (West). Awarded to an enlisted Marine who has made an outstanding contribution to the improvement of marksmanship training.
1.D. Sergeant Harry D. Myers Award: Sergeant Michael J. Garica Jr.,2D Assault Amphibian Battalion, 2D Marine Division. Awarded to an enlisted Marine in a Combat Service Support Element of the operating forces who have made a significant contribution to increased combat readiness within the organization.
1.E. Chief Hospital Corpsman George William 'Doc' Piercy Award: Hospital Corpsman First Class Raymonddave F. Soriano, 2D Marine Division. Awarded to a Navy corpsman or dental technician in a ground, logistic, or aviation element of the operating forces who has made a significant contribution to increased combat medical readiness within the organization.
1.F. Marine Corps Reservist of the year Award: Gunnery Sergeant Daniel G. Porter, 4th Assault Amphibian Battalion, 4th Marine Division. Awarded to an enlisted Marine Corps reservist who, while serving with the Marine Corps Reserve, has made an outstanding contribution to combat readiness within the organization.
2. All nominees for this year's 2023 MCL Enlisted Awards program are commended for their noteworthy contributions to the Marine Corps. The competition was exceptionally competitive.
3. All recipients will be recognized at the Marine Corps League awards ceremony and luncheon, 27 June 2023, as part of the 43rd annual Modern Day Marine military exposition at the Walter
E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. Recipients will also attend the Modern Day Marine opening ceremony at the Walter E.Washington Convention Center, and the Modern Day Marine grand banquet at the Marriott Marquis hotel in Washington, D.C., on 28 June 2022.
4. Logistics and expenditures. The Modern Day Marine co-host organizations of the Marine Corps League and Marine Corps Association will provide transportation to and from Washington, D.C., accommodations, and meals for award recipients and their spouse or a family member. Award recipients should plan to be in the Washington,D.C. area 27-29 June 2023. Prescribed uniform for the award ceremony and luncheon is Service “C” with Service Barracks Cover. Evening Dress or Blue Dress Alpha is the prescribed uniform for the grand banquet.
5. Award recipients are reminded that if the value of the travel benefits received from the Marine Corps League exceeds 250 dollars, award recipients must report acceptance upon completion of the travel to their local Staff Judge Advocate (SJA). The SJA must, in turn, report this information to CMC (JCA) for semi-annual Department of Defense reporting purposes.
6. Further questions on specific coordination details, to include travel arrangements and uniform requirements, should be coordinated through Ms. Lynn Laberge of the Marine Corps League, via telephone at: 703-346-6052 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Award recipients are directed to contact the point of contact listed in paragraph 6 to communicate their intent to travel to the Washington D.C. area for recognition.
8. Release authorized by SES April L. Langwell, Director of Communication, Headquarters Marine Corps.//