R 051715Z JUN 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2023 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISORS SYMPOSIUM//
REF/A/: DOC/MCO 5354.1F//
MARR/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND CONDUCT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE POLICY//
POC/J. K. MORALES/CIV CMC (MPE)/TEL: 703-784-9371/EMAIL: JACQUELINE.MORALES@USMC.MIL//
POC/G. BENAVIDES/MGYSGT/CMC (MPE)/TEL: 703-784-9371/EMAIL: GRISELDA.BENAVIDES1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will host the Fiscal Year 2023 Equal Opportunity Advisors (EOA) Symposium from 23-25 August 2023, at the Gray Research Center Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia in support of the continuing education for practicing EOAs.
2. The mission of the EOA is to inform, assist, and advise commanding generals, commanders, and supervisors on all prohibited activities and conduct (PAC) related to equal opportunity and readiness.
3. Attendance at the EOA Symposium is essential for continuing professional development, receiving updates to the Defense Organizational Climate Survey (DEOCS), improving PAC reporting procedures, and addressing EOA concerns.
4. All actively serving EOAs are encouraged to attend. Equal Opportunity Representatives that desire to attend must provide justification to MPE and receive approval prior to attending.
5. Attendees are responsible for their own travel arrangements. All travel costs must be funded by the parent command/organization. There is no fee to attend.
6. Lodging information for attendees in a temporary additional duty status follows:
Crossroads Inn: Bldg 3019 – (703) 630-4444
Liversedge Hall: Bldg 15 – (703) 784-3149
7. Uniform for the Symposium is woodland MARPAT uniform.
8. Coordinating instructions will be provided via separate correspondence.
9. Release authorized by Lieutenant General, James F. Glynn. Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//