R 080815Z JUN 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2023 BILLET ASSIGNMENTS FOR RESERVE FIRST SERGEANTS FOR INITIAL TOURS//
REF/A/MSG/MARADMIN 217-23/YMD: 20230424//
REF/B/MSG/MARADMIN 193-22/YMD: 20220414//
REF/C/MSG/MARADMIN 491-21/YMD: 20210921//
REF/D/MSG/MARADMIN 575-22/YMD: 20221028//
REF/E/MSG/MARADMIN 334-20/YMD: 20200608//
REF/F/DOC/MCO P1400.32D W/CH 1-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/G/DOC/MCO 1001R.1L W/CH 1/YMD: 20180315//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) ANNOUNCEMENT OF FY23 RESERVE STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER SUPPLEMENTAL PROMOTION SELECTION BOARD. REFERENCE (B) IS THE INACTIVE DUTY TRAINING (IDT) TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT UPDATE. REFERENCE (C) IS THE FISCAL YEAR 2022 (FY22) INACTIVE DUTY TRAINING (IDT) TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT. REFERENCE (D) IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2023 FIRST SERGEANTS COURSE CID M02L645. REFERENCE (E) FORTHCOMING CHANGES TO MCO P1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REFERENCE (F) IS THE MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS WITH CHANGES 1 AND 2. REFERENCE (G) IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REFERENCE (H) IS THE HEADQUARTERS MARINE CORPS DRILLING RESERVE BILLET IDENTIFICATION CODE (BIC) ASSIGNMENT AND MANAGEMENT POLICY.//
POC/R. A. ESPARZA/SGTMAJ/HQMC RA/TEL: (703)784-9100/EMAIL: RESERVE_AFFAIRS_SGTMAJ@USMC.MIL//
POC/C. T. ANCRUM/GYSGT/RAP-2/TEL: (703)432-9771/ EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In accordance with (IAW) the references, this MARADMIN identifies initial billet assignments for Reserve First Sergeants (1stSgts) selected on the FY23 Reserve SNCO Supplemental Promotion Selection Board. This MARADMIN identifies newly selected 1stSgts approved for an initial 36-month tour. Per references (a),(e) and (f) promotion allocations were based on actual and projected Billet Identification Codes (BIC) vacancies. Therefore, failure to accept assignment to a specified billet will result in revocation of selection to 1stSgt and involuntary transfer to the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR).
2. 1stSgt selectees will be frocked IAW references (a),(e) and (f). Frocking is deemed in the best interest of the Marine Corps and approved with the understanding that frocked 1stSgts may assume the title and wear the uniform and rank of a 1stSgt respectively, in the Marine Corps Reserve, and that no pay, allowances, or entitlements will take effect until the actual date of promotion. This MARADMIN is the source document to frock selectees prior to detachment from their current unit. Frocking will occur no earlier than 30 days prior to the report date to the new unit (unless otherwise approved by the Director of Reserve Affairs (Dir, RA). Requests for approval of an adjusted frocking date must be communicated to this office (RA SgtMaj) via the chain of command utilizing a NAVMC 10274 (AA form). Units will ensure a copy of this message is placed into the Marine’s OMPF until the actual date of promotion.
3. Assignments of newly selected 1stSgts are for 36 months. However, tours may be adjusted based on the needs of the Marine Corps. Upon receipt of this MARADMIN, 1stSgts, and selected Marines are directed to begin transfer coordination and prepare an inter-unit transfer (IUT). All unit administration sections will prepare IUT orders simultaneously with gaining unit commanders IAW reference (h). In no case shall commanders approve the transfer of any 1stSgt to any other billet than those listed below without prior written approval from the Dir, RA.
4. Upon joining the gaining command, the assignment of the 1stSgt will be administered via the Requirements, Transition, and Manpower Management System (RTAMMS). This message serves as the authority for transfer of the newly selected Marine to the approved Reporting Unit Code (RUC). Selected Marines must be joined to their newly directed RUC in order to be placed on the HQMC RA directed BIC. Once joined to the approved RUC, Unit Manpower Managers must contact the RA SgtMaj for placement on the approved BIC. Only a 1stSgt may fill a respective 8999 BIC per reference (h). The outgoing 1stSgt can remain in the assigned BIC with the newly assigned Marine for a 90-day turnover period IAW reference (h). After 90-days of duplicate assignment, the outgoing Marine will become a BIC discrepancy and is required to be placed into EX009 per reference (h). If the outgoing 1stSgt is pending retirement, this Marine will be reassigned as EX009 pending release to the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) awaiting final retirement. No later than 1 October 2023, they will be administratively dropped to the IRR, unless prior coordination is made with the RA SgtMaj.
5. The report date for all 1stSgts is no earlier than the 1st of the month and no later than the last day of the month as listed below. Adjustment to report dates may be granted with prior coordination with the RA SgtMaj. In all cases, Marines will contact the gaining unit’s administration section and leadership in order to schedule an exact report date and ensure proper turnover procedures are completed.
6. Unit Manpower Managers are directed to contact RA SgtMaj and Reserve Affairs Policy (RAP-2) via email and for required BIC management actions involving 1stSgts. Include the incoming Marines name, BIC and Reporting Unit Code.
7. The following selected 1stSgts are assigned a 36-month initial tour at the below listed units. Read in three columns.
Name Unit/Location NET/NLT
Acosta, CJ H&S CO, CLB-23, CLR-4, FORT LEWIS, WA Jun/Aug
Attema, JG COMM CO (-), CLR-45, GREENSBORO, NC Jun/Aug
Banks, RL LAR CO F, 4TH LAR BN, COLUMBIA, SC Jun/Aug
Chirles Jr, AJ DCO-IDM, CO B, AYER, MA Jun/Aug
Denton, WR SPT CO, 4TH LAW ENF BN, ALBUQUERQUE, NM Jun/Aug
Impson, CU RECON CO C, 4TH RECON BN, SAN ANTONIO, TX Jun/Aug
Jenkins, T LAR CO E, 4TH LAR BN, SYRACUSE, NY Jun/Aug
Ketrow, CD OPERATIONS CO, ISB, BUCKLEY AFB, CO Jun/Aug
Kiehl, AS H&S CO, 4TH CEB, BALTIMORE, MD Jun/Aug
King Jr, KF RFL CO C, 1/25, BUFFALO, NY Jun/Aug
McMonigle II, WJ RFL CO A,1/25 BRUNSWICK, ME Jun/Aug
Mowen, AP RFL CO B, 1/24, TERRE HAUTE, IN Jun/Aug
Neu, JM SVC CO, 6TH COMM BN, BROOKLYN, NY Jun/Aug
PerezValdivia, R RFL CO A, 1/23, HOUSTON, TX Jun/Aug
Pierce, JL RFL CO F, 2/24, MILWAUKEE, WI Jun/Aug
Presslein, DP ARTY BTRY N, 5/14, SEAL BEACH, CA Jun/Aug
Resendez, AN H&S CO (-), 4TH RECON BN, SAN ANTONIO, TX Jun/Aug
Rollo, JR HQTRS CO,CLR-4, KANSAS CITY, MO Jun/Aug
Spence, KE CI/HUMINT, CO B, ISB, ANACOSTIA, DC Jun/Aug
Tress, JM H&S CO, 6TH ESB, PORTLAND, OR Jun/Aug
Veniskey, MS HQTRS CO, 6TH COMM BN, BROOKLYN, NY Jun/Aug
Wehrman, DM H&S CO, 1/24, DETROIT, MI Jun/Aug
West, RN TRUCK CO (-), 23D MAR REGT,
LAS VEGAS/BATON ROUGE, NV/LA Jun/Aug
12. Reserve 1stSgts who are currently not assigned or will be unassigned as a result of this MARADMIN may submit an AA form indicating their desire to fill a billet vacancy if listed. The AA form will be signed, scanned, and emailed to the RA SgtMaj indicating which billet(s) they are willing to accept. All subsequent tours will be for a period of 24 months unless otherwise directed by the RA SgtMaj and for the needs of the Marine Corps. Once approved, the individual Marine will receive a billet assignment letter as a source document for a subsequent tour in order to initiate and complete the respective inter-unit transfer as outlined in paragraph 3.
13. All newly selected 1stSgts will be required to attend the earliest resident 1stSgts course in Quantico, VA per reference (d). Reserve Professional Military Education orders and attendance will be coordinated by the respective S-3/G-3 training section through Marine Forces Reserve. This is mandatory and will not be waived.
14. Questions and concerns can be addressed to the RA SgtMaj at (703) 784-9100 or email Reserve_Affairs_SGTMAJ@usmc.mil.
15. This message is only applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
16. Release authorized by Major General Karl D. Pierson, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//