R 131730Z JUL 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/ENLISTED MARINE APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED BY NAVY FLIGHT DEMONSTRATION SQUADRON (BLUE ANGELS) FOR 2025-2027 SHOW SEASONS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CNATRA/YMD: 18DEC20//
AMPN/REF A IS CNATRAINST 1301.4N, APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR OFFICERS OF THE BLUE ANGELS.//
POC/J. T. LONG/GYSGT/CELL: 386-262-5957/TEL: 850-452-3651/EMAIL: JOSEPH.T.LONG3.MIL@US.NAVY.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce requirements and solicit qualified Enlisted Marine applications to the Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron (NFDS) (The Blue Angels) for the CY 2025 – 2027 show seasons. Applications must be received no later than 30 NOV 2023. Selection results will be available no later than 31 DEC 2023. Selectees shall be ordered to report no later than 31 OCT 2024.
2. There are open billets within the following MOSs:
(1) 6286 – Fixed-Wing Aircraft Safety Equipment Mechanic, KC-130J (Cpl –Sgt)
(1) 6048 – Flight Equipment Technician, KC-130J (Cpl-SSgt)
(1) 6046 – Aviation Maintenance Data Specialist, (Cpl- SSgt)
(1) 6216 – Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, KC-130J (Sgt-SSgt)
(2) 6217 - Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, F/A-18 (Sgt-SSgt)
(2) 6257 - Fixed-Wing Aircraft Airframe Mechanic, F/A-18 (Sgt-SSgt)
3. Personnel selected for this unique and demanding duty represent hundreds of thousands of Marines and Sailors serving throughout the United States and abroad. Applicants must meet the requirements listed below to be considered for duty with the Blue Angels (waivers are not normally considered).
3.a. Must be on active duty.
3.b. Applicants must have completed a minimum of 2 years time-on-station by 1 JUL 2024 or be within 12 months of PCS or PCA orders.
3.c. No non-judicial punishment or court-martial convictions in the last 36 months.
3.d. No alcohol-related incidents (civil or military) in the last 36 months. Driving under the influence/driving while intoxicated convictions within the last 5 years are disqualifying.
3.e. No financial instability/command-directed counseling in the last 36 months. Applicants must be eligible for a government credit card (this cannot be waived).
3.f. No physical fitness test or combat fitness test failures in the last 36 months. Personnel who have had medical waivers in the last 24 months will be considered on a case-by-case basis only.
3.g. Specific requirements for the 6286 billet:
3.g.1. Must be a Collateral Duty Inspector.
3.g.2. Must be a Quality Assurance Safety Officer.
3.h. Specific requirements for the 6048 billet:
3.h.1. Must be a Collateral Duty Inspector.
3.h.2. Must be a Quality Assurance Safety Officer.
3.i. Specific requirement for the 6046 billet:
3.i.1. Must be a logs and records signature authority.
3.j. Specific requirement for the 6216 Billet:
3.j.1. Must be a Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative.
3.k. Specific requirement for the 6217 Billet:
3.k.1. Must be a Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative.
3.l. Specific requirement for the 6257 Billet:
3.l.1. Must be a Collateral Duty Inspector.
4. Interested Marines meeting the above requirements shall submit an application to the Blue Angels with the following documents in this order:
4.a. Current Commanding Officer signed letter of endorsement on command letterhead, which must include a statement on military appearance and tattoos, and an evaluation of the Marine’s public speaking ability, demeanor, professional knowledge, and leadership skills.
4.b. Request for Consideration Letter (template is enclosure 2 within CNATRAINST 1301.4N). Replace template enclosures with the following:
4.b.1. Enclosure 1: Copy of BIR and BTR.
4.b.2. Enclosure 2: Copy of page 11s.
4.b.3. Enclosure 3: Any letters of recommendation.
4.b.4. Enclosure 4: Completed enlisted application questionnaire located at: https:(slash)(slash)www.blueangels.navy.mil/join/.
5. Applications should be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Physical applications are not required, but may be mailed to:
Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron
Attn: GySgt Joseph Long
390 San Carlos Road Suite A
Pensacola, FL 32508-5008
6. The Blue Angels’ Senior Marine Officer or Senior Enlisted Advisor will notify Manpower Management Enlisted Assignments (MMEA) or Primary MOS Monitor that a prospective candidate’s application submission has been received and is requesting consideration for service with NFDS. MMEA or Primary MOS Monitor will concurrently respond within 15 working days of notification to ensure an expedient screening process of high performing, motivated, and qualified Marine applicants.
7. Point of contact: GySgt Joseph T. Long at (386) 262-5957 or (850) 452-3651 or via email at email@example.com. For further information, visit the Blue Angels web site at: www.blueangels.navy.mil.
8. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserves.
9. Release authorized by Brigadier General Ryan S. Rideout, Director, Manpower Management Division.//