R 211600Z SEP 23
MARADMIN 479/23MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/OCTOBER 2023 DRILLING RESERVE (DR), INDIVIDUAL READY RESERVE (IRR), AND ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) CORPORAL AND SERGEANT PROMOTION AUTHORITY//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CG TECOM/DTG: 132101ZSEP21//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CG EDUCATION COMMAND/YMD: 20211216//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 021108ZFEB16//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 301800ZOCT19//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/F/MSGID: DOC/MMRP-33/YMD: 20201125//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 474/21, UPDATED ENLISTED PME REQUIREMENTS BY GRADE. REF B IS CG EDUCATION COMMAND MEMORANDUM. REF C IS MARADMIN 055/16, CHANGE IN TIG AND SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO CORPORAL AND CHANGE IN SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO SERGEANT. REF D IS MARADMIN 612/19, ANNOUNCEMENT OF AUTHORITY FOR EARLY REENLISTMENT, DELEGATION OF REENLISTMENT APPROVAL AUTHORITY, AND CHANGES TO PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS POLICY. REF E IS MCO P1400.32D W/ CH 2, ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF F IS MCO 1616.1JUNIOR ENLISTED PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM (JEPES).//
POC/DANIEL A. MOORE/MAJ/HEAD/MMPB-11/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: DANIEL.A.MOORE@USMC.MIL//
POC/CAROLIN CHAVEZ/MSGT/ADMIN CHIEF/MMPB-11/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: CAROLIN.CHAVEZ@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN is the promotion authority for DR, IRR, and AR LCpls and Cpls. The Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) may be used to view the reserve promotion parameters and the reserve cutting scores for the current month. This may be done by typing "JEPA" from the MCTFS main menu and then following the instructions at the bottom of the page. IRR Marines will use the same promotion parameters and the same cutting scores as DR Marines. Cutting scores for the current month should be printed from the "JEPA" screen and attached with this MARADMIN to be used for future reference. Cutting scores are also available on the Enlisted Promotions Section web page.
2. Reference (a) changed the PME requirement for Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) promotion to Sgt; reference (b) granted an extension for the new PME requirement for SMCR Cpl.
3. Reference (c) provides information and guidance on the changes to time in grade (TIG) for promotion to Cpl. Reference (d), paragraph 4 provides information and guidance on the changes to time in service (TIS) for promotion to Sgt.
4. References (e) and (f) set forth guidance and instructions for effecting the quarterly promotions of LCpls and Cpls of the DR, IRR, and AR who meet the following criteria:
4.a. SEL CPL ED: 20231001
4.b. SEL SGT ED: 20231001
4.c. DATE OF RANK: 20231001
4.d. EFFECTIVE DATE: 20231001
5. Commanders will ensure the following criteria are met:
5.a. Receipt of this MARADMIN as the official promotion authority.
5.b. Receipt of 1 October 2023 select grade rosters generated on the unit diary feedback report.
5.c. Prior to being promoted, all Marines must complete the required Professional Military Education (PME) for their grade IAW references (b) and (e) as follows:
5.c.1. Promotion to Cpl.
5.c.1.a. DR and AR. Completion of a command-sponsored Lance Corporal Leadership and Ethics Seminar (of note: Marinenet EPME3000AA Course is a prerequisite to attend the Seminar).
5.c.1.b. IRR: Completion of Marinenet EPME3000AA Course.
5.c.2. Promotion to Sgt.
5.c.2.a. DR: Completion of Marinenet EPME4000AA Course and a command sponsored Corporals Course; either school code
C21 (active duty course) or C19 (reserve course).
5.c.2.b. IRR: Completion of Marinenet EPME4000AA
5.c.2.c. AR: Completion of Marinenet EPME4000AA Course and a command sponsored Corporals Course.
6. Commanders are reminded that all PME for LCpls and Cpls must be entered in the MCTFS in a timely manner.
6.a. LCpls and Cpls who meet the cutting score, but are not PME complete will not be selected due to their PME flag in the MCTFS being "N".
6.b. The purpose of the PME flag is to prevent erroneous select grades. Marines who are not PME complete will not come up select grade due to having a PME flag of a "N". The Marine will need to be ran as "NOT REC" for promotion and be given a page 11 entry. The PME flag is to be used as a tool for the commands and is not intended to replace the "NOT REC" requirement.
7. All eligible SMCR and AR Marines who are not PME complete and have not been ran as "NOT REC" for promotion will not be selected due to their PME flag in MCTFS being a "N". IRR Marines who are not PME complete do not need to be ran as "NOT REC". IRR Marines promote based on the SMCR cutting score and the "PME complete flag" in the MCTFS will keep them from reflecting as select grade. IRR Marines who are "NOT REC" for reasons other than PME should continue to be ran.
8. Remedial promotion requests should be submitted for Marines who are recommended for promotion by their commanding officer and have a recomputed score that is equal to or above the cutoff score for their MOS. All remedial promotion requests must contain a letter signed by the commanding officer or by direction and should explain the reason for the remedial request and include any supporting documentation. The request should be submitted to email@example.com.
9. With the advent of JEPES, it is critical to provide clarification between the actual JEPES score computed in the MCTFS and the JEPES scores that are viewed in Marine on Line (MOL) on the JEPES Marine Reported On (MRO) Dashboard.
9.a. The Marine's actual JEPES score used for promotion will be computed in the MCTFS using the total of their objective scores and their command input marks (subjective evaluation) as of the command cutoff date (MCTFS cutoff) for each promotion month. For example, the command cutoff for promotion 1 October 2023 is 31 August 2023.
9.b. Marines may have a higher or lower score reflecting on the MRO Dashboard than what is actually computed in the MCTFS for a given promotion month because the MCTFS score will only calculate data elements that are prior to the command cutoff. Late reporting of any data element to include command input marks will cause the MCTFS to automatically recompute the JEPES score.
10. For Marine Enlisted Promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9717 or DSN 278-9717. E-mail inquiries may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Release authorized by Brigadier General Ryan S. Rideout, Director, Manpower Management Division.//