R 221815Z SEP 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2023 MARINE CORPS GROUND SAFETY AWARDS//
REF/A/MCO 5100.29C w/ CH-2//
AMPN/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM//
POC/R.L. YOUNG/CIV/SD/-/TEL: 703-399-4505/EMAIL: ROBERT.L.YOUNG@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To solicit nominations for the Fiscal Year 2023 Marine Corps Ground Safety Awards.
2. The Marine Corps Safety Awards program provides recognition to commands and individuals for significant contributions and accomplishments in the field of safety and mishap prevention. The reference provides policy and procedural guidance to establish the Marine Corps Command Safety Awards Program. Recipients are recognized in the following categories:
2.a. Warrior Preservation Award: Awarded to the Marine Corps installation having established the most comprehensive safety management system.
2.b. Marine Corps Safety Excellence Award: An individual award presented to one officer, one senior enlisted (Gunnery Sergeant and higher), one enlisted (Staff Sergeant or below), and one Civilian Marine, whose primary responsibility is outside of safety occupational and health who, has made the most significant contribution to the commands Marine Corps Safety Management System.
2.c. Marine Corps Safety Award: Awarded to one Marine Corps command in each category (Groups I-IV), per the reference, having maintained the most outstanding safety management system.
2.d. Marine Corps Civilian Safety Professional of the Year: Award recognizes a civilian government employee in the safety community for outstanding contributions to the Marine Corps Safety Management System.
3. Nomination packages must be received by CMC Safety Division no later than 15 December 2023. Due to the volume of award submissions, late, incorrect, or incomplete nominations will not be considered.
4. Each nomination package should contain the following:
4.a. Narrative style write-up IAW Volume 1, Chapter 5, of reference.
4.b. A signed cover letter from the nominee's commanding officer providing endorsement of the nominee, the award category, and the name and phone number of a command point of contact.
4.c. Officer and enlisted superior achievement packages shall contain one 8x10 inch (high-resolution) color photograph, head and shoulders view, in the service "A" uniform without cover. The photo is solely for promotional purposes and will not be used during the selection process.
4.d. A letter of endorsement from the first general officer in the chain of command.
5. Nomination packages should contain high resolution scans or the original documentation.
6. Submit packages via email to HQMC_SAFETY_DIVISION@USMC.MIL or via USPS to: Commandant of the Marine Corps Attn: Safety Division 701 S. Courthouse Road Building 12, Suite 2O050 Arlington, VA 22204-2462
7. All questions should be addressed to the point of contact above.
8. All qualifying nominees will automatically be considered for the Department of the Navy Safety Excellence Awards for Marine Corps Ground Safety.
9. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Gregg P. Olson, Director, Marine Corps Staff.//