R 251915Z SEP 23
SUBJ/FY24-01 4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING (MAW) OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRLIFT (OSA) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD//
REF/A/MSGID:DOC/MCO 1001R.1L W/CH-1/20180315//
NARR/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REF B IS THE RESERVE AVIATOR ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS THE MOBILIZATION DEFERMENT FOR MARINES TRANSITIONING FROM THE ACTIVE COMPONENT TO THE RESERVE COMPONENT. REF D IS THE 4TH MAW OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICY.//
POC/S.P. DILLON/LTCOL/HQ 4TH MAW G-1/504-697-7784/EMAIL: SEAN.P.DILLON@USMC.MIL//
POC/W.T. GRAVES JR/LTCOL/VMR BELLE CHASSE COMMANDING OFFICER/TEL: 504-678-3613/EMAIL: WILLIAM.T.GRAVES@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. D. KINGSBURY/LTCOL/VMR ANDREWS EXECUTIVE OFFICER/TEL: 714-745-5614/EMAIL: ANDREW.D.KINGSBURY@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. B. GREER/LTCOL/VMR ONE /TEL: DSN 739-1563/817-782-1563/EMAIL: ANDREW.GREER@USMC.MIL//
POC/P. A. WIKTOR/LTCOL/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ACP/TEL: DSN 223-4108/703-693-4108/EMAIL: PHILLIP.WIKTOR@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/ 1. This MARADMIN announces the FY24-01 4th MAW Operational Support Airlift (OSA) Selection Board. All eligible Naval Aviators who apply to fill Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) billets with Marine Transport Squadron Detachments (VMR) Belle Chasse, LA and Andrews, MD as well as Marine Transport Squadron One (VMR-1) Fort Worth, TX will be considered by this board.
2. The 4th MAW OSA Aviator Selection Board is scheduled to convene on or about 30 October 2023. Applications may be submitted through 2359, 23 October 2023. Applications received after this date and incomplete packages will not be considered.
3. Eligible Officers:
a. Reserve Naval Aviators (SMCR, Individual Mobilization Augmentee, or Individual Ready Reserve): All qualified Naval Aviators are eligible who can complete 36 months participation with VMR. The 36 months begins with T2P designation. Reserve Aviators must be able to affiliate within 30 days of the selection results message.
b. Active Component Naval Aviators: Including the eligibility requirements above, applicants must establish an End of Active Service (EAS) in writing from HQMC Manpower Management Officer Assignments (MMOA) after board conclusion and be able to affiliate with the Ready Reserve on or about 1 May 2024. An EAS is not required prior to the board convening.
c. All Naval Aviators shall have a minimum of 1,000 flight hours total time with a strong background in instrument flying.
d. Eligible Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) include: 7509, 7518, 7523, 7532, 7543, 7557, 7562, 7563, 7564, 7565, and 7566.
4. Ineligible Officers: SMCR Captains and Majors who have been passed for promotion are ineligible. Additionally, both active and reserve component Majors and Lieutenant Colonels who are unable to complete 36 months participation at any VMR prior to their mandatory removal date or service limits for grade are ineligible.
5. All openings reflect the needs of the service and will be filled on a competitive/best qualified basis. Favorable consideration will be given to applicants who currently have completed a three-year tour in an SMCR operational flying unit. An officer's record of service in the SMCR, past performance, and potential for future participation in the Reserve Component will be considered. Proximity to drilling site, ease of commute, and/or willingness to relocate will also be favorably considered.
6. Individuals selected who accept affiliation are contractually obligated to serve with VMR for a minimum of three years after completing civilian approved contractor training (i.e., Training and Readiness Core Skill Introduction Phase) and Transport Second Pilot (T2P) designation. Early removal from VMR is at the discretion of the individual commander based on performance and participation. Individuals selected for OSA units are expected to deploy for a minimum of (1) 90-day period during the three year obligation. Extensions beyond the three year obligation will be in accordance with reference (b) as required. Drill schedule, annual training, and aircraft qualification training will be in accordance with current unit Standard Operating Procedure and will require a minimum of five days of active participation each month. Additionally, individuals selected may be required to attend up to 11 weeks of Active Duty Training (ADT) for UC-35 training or up to 12 weeks of ADT for UC-12 training within six months of selection and/or joining their respective VMR.
7. Applicants will not be considered who are either medically disqualified for duty involving flight operations (DIFOP) or have had their flight status previously revoked. Applicants who were considered and not selected by previous selection boards and desire to be considered by the FY24-01 4th MAW OSA Aviator Selection Board are required to submit a new package.
8. Applicants must meet all requirements to be worldwide deployable.
9. Application Requirements:
a. Applicants are to submit the following documents; document templates can be found by referencing the Aviation Selection Board Website at: https:(slash)(slash)www.marforres.marines.mil/Units/4th-Marine-Aircraft-Wing/Join/Aviation-Boards/.
1. Cover letter stating intention to apply, date of availability and the Privacy Act sheet included in reference (a).
2. Reserve Qualification Summary. (Reserve Component only)
3. Flight logbook (accident and flight rule violation record pages and most recent flight data page).
4. Flight training/qualifications (cover pages from NATOPS jacket sections IIA and IIB, most recent NATOPS/INST evaluation reports).
5. Aviation Qualification Summary.
6. Current medical clearance.
7. Fitness reports (last five minimum, recommend submitting all breakout FITREPs).
8. Career Summary/Biography.
9. Letters of Recommendation, as applicable.
10. Copy of DD 214 as applicable.
11. Statement of Understanding
12. Master Brief Sheet
b. Applicants are required to waive the deployment deferment offered by reference (c) by signing the OSA Statement of Understanding.
c. Applicants currently assigned to a flying billet shall include an endorsement from their commanding officer.
d. A digital (pdf) copy of the entire package shall be emailed to the following organizational mailbox for delivery of your package: OMB_4THMAW_MANPOWER@USMC.MIL. Do not include SSN or other PII in your package. Use of EDIPI is acceptable. Contact the 4th MAW G1 POC above if you have difficulty submitting your package.
Note: Adobe Acrobat pdf format is the only accepted means of digital submission for the application. Late or incomplete packages will not be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their packages are complete and have been received by 4th MAW G-1.
e. Label all pdf files with lastname.first.preferred detachment (e.g. Foss.Joe.Belle Chasse) for tracking purposes. If multiple pdf files are submitted, label files as 1 of xx (e.g.,Foss.Joe.Belle Chasse part 1 of 4).
10. Selection Board results will be announced via MARADMIN at the earliest possible date after the conclusion of board proceedings.
11. Naval Aviators are reminded that 4th MAW has open DIFOP and DIFDEN billets with other SMCR units. Names and locations of 4th MAW tactical squadrons seeking aviators:
HMH-772/JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/TEL: 609-562-8711
HMLA-773/JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/TEL: 609-562-8711
HMLA-773(Det A)/JRB New Orleans, LA/TEL: 504-940-4905
HMLA-775/MCAS Camp Pendleton, CA/TEL: 682-249-6972
MATSG-42/SAU/Pensacola, FL/TEL: 850-240-8578
VMFA-112/JRB Fort Worth, TX/TEL: 817-782-2718
VMFT-401/MCAS Yuma, AZ/TEL: 928-269-2806
VMFT-402/MCAS Beaufort, SC/TEL:504-697-7784
VMGR-234/JRB Fort Worth, TX/TEL: 817-782-2901
VMM-764/MCAS Miramar, CA/TEL: 682-309-1165
VMM-774/NAS New River, NC/TEL: 757-444-7818
12. Release authorized by Lieutenant General M. S. Cederholm, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//