R 031515Z OCT 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2023 (FY23) RESERVE AFFAIRS ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) CAREER PLANNER OF THE YEAR AWARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20200626//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20120614//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20160310//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1040R.31, THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REFERENCE B IS MCOP1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REFERENCE C IS THE MCATS APPROVAL FROM MMPR ESTABLISHING A MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATION FOR THE ACTIVE RESERVE CAREER PLANNER OF THE YEAR.//
POC/J. C. WILLIAMS/MGYSGT/RESERVE AFFAIRS/TEL: 703-784-0583/EMAIL: JAMES.C.WILLIAMS7@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN coordinates the submission of nominations for the FY23 AR Career Planner of the Year Award.
a. Reference (a) established the subject award to provide recognition for performance that reflects exceptional leadership, management/organization skills, devotion to duty, and initiative in support of maintaining a quality enlisted career force. Marines nominated for the AR Career Planner of the Year Award have displayed a consistently high level of performance that significantly and positively impacted mission accomplishment.
3. Reserve Affairs (RA) will convene the FY23 AR Career Planner of the Year Board at Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps, on or about 6 November 2023. Applications must be submitted to CMC RA prior to 2359 Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 2 November 2023. Applications will be submitted via DON TMT at don.tmt.army.mil. Applications submitted after the established deadline will not be considered by the board. Selection results will be published via a MARADMIN message.
4. Nominations. Nominations must be endorsed by the first Commanding General in the Marine’s command.
5. Eligibility criteria.
(a) Must not have been previously awarded CMC Career Planner of the Year.
(b) Must be the rank of Sergeant.
(c) Must hold the primary military occupational specialty 4821 and have served in valid Company/Battalion/Squadron level Career Planner billets for the entire fiscal year.
(d) Must have undergone a staff assist visit inspection from a major subordinate command Career Planner or a Commanding General readiness inspection and received a mission capable rating within the previous 12 months.
(e) Must meet all reenlistment pre-requisites per reference (b).
(f) Must have a first class Physical Fitness Test and Combat Fitness Test.
(g) Must be PME complete for grade.
6. Submission requirements:
(a) Nomination letter from the Marine’s command.
(b) AR Career Planner of the Year checklist.
(c) AR Career Planner of the Year data sheet.
(d) One page autobiography.
(e) Copy of pages 11, 12, 13, and Unit Punishment Book if applicable.
(f) Copy of completed functional area checklist or staff assist visit documents per paragraph 5.(d).
7. Examples of required documents are available for download via the Total Force Retention System.
8. Per reference (c), the AR Career Planner of the Year will be meritoriously promoted.
9. The Marine selected as the AR Career Planner of the Year will receive a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal from the CMC.
10. Commands will generate a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal recommendation in the Headquarters Marine Corps Improved Awards Processing System. The first sentence of the Summary of Action (SOA) will read “Recipient for AR Career Planner of the Year 2023." A complete copy of the award recommendation (1650, SOA, and citation) will be included in the nomination package.
11. The date and location for the awards ceremony will be announced in future correspondence.
12. This MARADMIN is only applicable to Career Planners serving on the AR Program.
13. Release authorized by Major General Karl D. Pierson, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//