R 031630Z NOV 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2023 COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS COMBINED AWARDS AND CEREMONY EVENT//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1650.39B, COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS COMBINED AWARDS PROGRAM//
POC/S. N. SOKOL/MAJ/TECOM SSEC/TEL:(703) 432-0245/EMAIL: STEPHANIE.SOKOL@USMC.MIL//
POC/D. P. FOLEY/MAJ/TECOM ADJ/TEL:(703) 432-0861/EMAIL: DAVID.FOLEY@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. S. BIGGER/CAPT/TECOM G-3 COPSO/TEL:(703) 432-2324/EMAIL: JAMES.BIGGER@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the Fiscal Year 2023 (FY23) Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) Combined Awards Program (CAP).
2. In accordance with the reference, the CAP recognizes recipients in the following four awards categories: Recruiter of the Year, Drill Instructor (DI) of the Year, Marine Security Guard (MSG) of the Year, and Marine Combat Instructor (MCI) of the Year.
3. Commanding General (CG) Marine Corps Recruiting Command will convene a selection board for recruiter of the year and runner-up among regular recruiters and prior service recruiters; CG, Marine Forces Command, in conjunction with the Commanding Officer, Marine Corps Embassy Security Group, will convene a selection board for MSG of the year and runner; CG, Training Command will convene a selection board for MCI of the year and runner-up; CG, Training and Education Command (TECOM) will convene the selection board for the DI of the year and runner-up.
3.a. These selection endorsements, along with photo, biography, and professional resume, will be submitted to TECOM no later than (NLT) 15 November 2023 via Enterprise Task Management Software Solution (ETMS2) task, which will include specific instructions on package preparation and submission. DI of the year nominee packages are due NLT 3 November 2023. Each depot will select and submit one DI of the year nominee.
3.b. Aforementioned commands will prepare and submit a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation medal for their winners and the runner-up via Improved Awards Processing System (iAPS) to TECOM (M30010) for processing NLT 15 November 2023.
4. CG, TECOM will serve as the Office of Primary Responsibility to facilitate the FY23 CMC CAP. Upon the completion and endorsement of all pertaining boards, board winners and the first runners-up will be announced via results MARADMIN.
5. TECOM will process and forward drafted awards for all winners and first runners-up in each category via iAPS to CMC (MMMA) and will prepare meritorious promotion warrants for the winners for the CMC signature, as required.
6. Ceremonial details will be released via separate correspondence.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Kevin M. Iiams, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//