R 061535Z NOV 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY24 NON-SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT (NON-SDA) MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/081912ZJUN20//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPP-20/YMD: 20231002//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 334/20, FORTHCOMING CHANGES TO MCO P.1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2 ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REF B IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME II, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (SHORT TITLE: ENLPROMMAN). REF C IS FY24 NON-SDA MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS//
POC/DANIEL A. MOORE/MAJ/CMC MMPB-11/-/TEL: DSN 278-9710/EMAIL: DANIEL.A.MOORE@USMC.MIL//
POC/CAROLIN CHAVEZ/MSGT/CMC MMPB-11/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: CARLOIN.CHAVEZ@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide the FY24 meritorious promotion allocations for Non-Special Duty Assignments (SDA) to commanding generals and commanding officers. Commands identified as being a "subordinate command" are identified as such for administrative purposes only to establish Non-SDA meritorious promotion allocation distribution and has no effect on existing reporting or operational controls.
2. Command actions
2.a. Commanders with specific allocations listed in paragraph 6 will convene selection panels within their commands and nominate Marines for meritorious promotion by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC).
2.b. Submit nominations via naval letter to CMC Manpower Management Division, Performance Branch, Enlisted Promotions Unit (MMPB-11) at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 4 March 2024 or they will be returned with no action.
2.c. Upon release of the selection MARADMIN, Commanders are authorized to locally extend Marines to ensure they have at least 24 months obligated service remaining on contract from the date of promotion in accordance with reference (a).
2.d. Commanders will prepare certificates of appointment in accordance with reference (b) to affect promotions on 2 April 2024.
3. MMPB-11 actions
3.a. Upon approval of the nominations by the CMC (MM), conduct diary entries.
3.b. Publish selection MARADMIN to enable actions identified in paragraph 3.b. and 3.c.
4. Marines already selected for the next grade by a regular promotion board are still eligible for meritorious promotion to that grade.
5. Allocations are increased from previous years to allow opportunities for commanders to select for early advancement high performers who otherwise would not have a resonable opportunity to compete for meritorious promotion.
6. Per reference (c), the FY24 meritorious promotion allocations for Non-SDA are as follows:
COMMAND SSgt/GySgt Allocations
MCRC (less Hqtrs) 1/1
M(and)RA SNCO PANEL 2/1
7. These allocations are applicable to all Marines serving in the active component and active reserve component.
8. Marine Corps Recruiting Command/LogCom nominee packages should be delivered to the Manpower and Reserve Affairs Staff Non-commissioned Officer meritorious promotion panel no later than 2 February 2024.
9. For enlisted promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9717 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: email@example.com.
10. Release authorized by Brigadier General Ryan S. Rideout, Director, Manpower Management Division.//