R 061540Z NOV 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY24 1ST SEMI-ANNUAL SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/081912ZJUN20//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMEA-25/YMD: 20190219//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPP-20/YMD: 20231002//
REF/E/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/071600ZJUL22//
NARR/REF (A) IS MARADMIN 334/20, FORTHCOMING CHANGES TO MCO P1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REF (B) IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME II, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (SHORT TITLE: ENLPROMMAN). REF (C) IS MCO P1326.6 W/ CH-1, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS (SCREENMAN). REF (D) IS THE FY24 1ST SEMI-ANNUAL SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS. REF (E) IS MARADMIN 342/22, SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE FOR THE EXEMPTION TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS.//
POC/DANIEL A. MOORE/MAJ/CMC MMPB-11/-/TEL: DSN 278-9710 EMAIL: DANIEL.A.MOORE@USMC.MIL//
POC/CAROLIN CHAVEZ/MSGT/CMC MMPB-11/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718 EMAIL: CAROLIN.CHAVEZ@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide the FY24 meritorious promotion allocations for Special Duty Assignments (SDA) to commanding generals and commanding officers for the first semi-annual period.
2. Background. These meritorious Staff Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO) promotion allocations provide commanders the opportunity to nominate a select number of Marines for meritorious promotion to the ranks of gunnery sergeant and staff sergeant. Meritorious promotions recognize Marines for their superior potential for increased responsibility based upon their extraordinary performance, sacrifice, and contribution to the success of the Marine Corps.
3. Command Actions
3.a. Commanders identified in paragraph 7 will convene selection panels in order to nominate Marines for meritorious promotion by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC).
3.b. Submit nominations, via naval letter, to CMC Manpower Management Division, Performance Branch, Enlisted Promotions Unit (MMPB-11) at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 8 December 2023 or they will be returned without further action.
3.c. Upon release of the selection MARADMIN, commanders are authorized to locally extend Marines to ensure they have at least 24 months obligated service remaining on contract in accordance with reference (a).
3.d. Commanders will prepare certificates of appointment in accordance with reference (b) to effect promotions on 2 January 2024.
4. MMPB-11 actions
4.a. Upon approval of the nominations by the CMC (MM), conduct diary entries.
4.b. Publish selection MARADMIN to enable actions identified in paragraph 3.c. and 3.d.
5. Marines already selected for the next grade by a regular promotion board are still eligible for meritorious promotion to that grade.
6. Per reference (c), Marines currently serving on SDA will continue to receive corresponding meritorious promotions as authorized by current policy.
7. Per reference (d), meritorious promotion allocations for the first semi-annual period are:
Command SSgt/GySgt allocations
(Drill Instructors) 19/6
(Combat Instructors) 15/3
(Embassy Security Guards) 29/2
(Security Force Guards) 5/0 (NOTE 1)
NOTE 1: MCSF will have one GySgt allocation for FY24. The command can use that allocation for either a January 2024 promotion or delay until the July 2024 promotions. If the intent is to utilize the one allocation January 2024, please notify MPP-20 at (703) 784-9361.
8. These allocations are applicable to all Marines serving in the active component and active reserve component.
9. For enlisted promotion matters, call comm (703) 784-9718 or DSN 278-9718 or email email@example.com.
10. Release authorized by Brigadier General Ryan S. Rideout, Director, Manpower Management Division.//