R 091900Z NOV 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS AVIATION INCENTIVE PAY PROGRAM//
NARR/REFERENCE (REF) A IS SECRETARY OF DEFENSE INSTRUCTION 7730.67, AVIATION INCENTIVE PAYS AND BONUS PROGRAM. REF B IS SECRETARY OF THE NAVY INSTRUCTION 7220.88, AVIATION INCENTIVE PAYS AND BONUS PROGRAM. REF C IS MARADMIN 072/22 INTERIM CLASSIFICATION OF UNMANNED AVIATION SYSTEMS OFFICERS AS AERONAUTICALLY DESIGNATED PERSONNEL AND ENLISTED SENSOR OPERATORS AS AIRCREW. REF D IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1000.6 ASSIGNMENTS, CLASSIFICATION, AND TRAVEL SYSTEM MANUAL. REF E IS MARADMIN 548/20 MARINE CORPS AVIATION INCENTIVE PAY PROGRAM AND PENDING FY21 CHANGES. REF F IS MARADMIN 128/18 CHANGES TO AVIATION INCENTIVE PAY PROGRAM.//
POC/T. GOODMAN/MAJ/CMC MPP-30/-/TEL:703-784-9366//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Aviation Incentive Pay (AvIP) is a pay designated for frequent and regular performance of operational or proficiency flying duty authorized per references (a) and (b) and is intended to attract and retain officers in a military aviation career.
1.a. Per references (a) and (b), Aviation Career Incentive Pay was discontinued on 1 October 2017 and replaced by AvIP for officers with aeronautical designations at the discretion of the Marine Corps.
1.b. Per reference (c), Unmanned Aviation Systems (UAS) officers are recognized as Aeronautically Designated Personnel. As such, this designation entitles UAS officers to AvIP, effective 1 December 2023.
2. Per reference (d), enlisted UAS Sensor Operators are recognized as Aircrew. As such, this designation entitles UAS enlisted Sensor Operators to Critical Skills Incentive Pay (CSIP).
2.a. Per references (a) and (b), CSIP is pay for enlisted service members in aeronautical career fields or skills designated as critical for the purpose of offering a skill incentive pay, per reference (a) and (b). CSIP is intended to attract and retain career enlisted aviation occupational specialties to continue to serve in those fields and maintain eligibility requirements.
2.b. As authorized in reference (a) and (b), the Marine Corps is establishing the following CSIP monthly rates for active component UAS Sensor Operators, Military Occupational Specialty 7314 with AMOS 8022 (MQ-9 Qualified), based on Years of Aviation Service (YAS), effective 1 December 2023.
YAS Monthly Rate
4 or Less 225
Over 4 350
Over 8 500
Over 14 600
3. The flight gate requirements remain unchanged. Reference (a) and (b) contain the AvIP and CSIP requirements and eligibility criteria.
4. Monthly AvIP rates remain unchanged and in accordance with reference (e) and (f).
5. Other authorities regarding AvIP, such as definition of Aeronautically Designated Personnel (ADP), suspension of flying status, and termination of assignment to duty status for ADP remain unchanged and in accordance with reference (d).
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//