R 222045Z NOV 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/GUIDANCE FOR RECONCILING REDUCED UNIFORM ISSUES DURING RECRUIT TRAINING//
REF/A/MCO 4400.201, VOLUME 13//
REF/B/MARINE CORPS BULLETIN MCBUL 10120//
REF/C/MSG/DC I&L (LP) DTG 101525Z MAY 2022//
REF/D/MSG/DC I&L (LP) DTG 033024Z AUG 2022//
REF/E/MSG/DC I&L (LP) DTG 081215Z SEP 2022//
NARR/REF A PROVIDES POLICY AND GUIDANCE FOR THE ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF INDIVIDUAL CLOTHING, FLAGS, PERSONAL EFFECTS (PE), AND THE CONSOLIDATED STORAGE PROGRAM (CSP). REF B PROMULGATES AND PUBLISHES THE FISCAL YEAR CLOTHING ALLOWANCES. REF C AUTHORIZED PAGE-11 ENTRIES TO DOCUMENT THE REDUCED INITIAL ISSUE OF MEN’S LONG AND SHORT SLEEVE KHAKI SHIRTS. REF D AUTHORIZED PAGE-11 ENTRIES TO DOCUMENT THE REDUCED INITIAL ISSUE OF THE MARINE CORPS COMBAT UTILITY UNIFORM BLOUSE. REF E AUTHORIZED PAGE-11 ENTRIES TO DOCUMENT THE REDUCED INITIAL ISSUE OF THE MARINE CORPS RUNNING SUIT.//
POC/T. ADISSI/HQMC/LPS/-/TEL: 571-256-7099/EMAIL: THOMAS.ADISSI@USMC.MIL//
POC/P. ROBINSON/HQMC/LPS/-/TEL: 571-256-7124/EMAIL: PATRICK.ROBINSON1@USMC.MIL//
POC/R. ESPINOZA/TECOM G4/-/TEL: 703-432-4774/EMAIL: RICCO.ESPINOZA@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. AUGUSTINE/PM-IW/TEL: 703-432-5700/EMAIL: JOSEPH.AUGUSTINE@USMC.MIL//
POC/M. BOYT/MCUB/TEL: 703-784-6889/-/EMAIL: MARY.BOYT@USMCU.EDU.MIL//
POC/J. LINDQUIST/MR-HQMCCS/TEL:703-784-6334//EMAIL: JONATHAN.LINDQUIST@USMC-MCCS.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This is a Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics and Training and Education Command coordinated MARADMIN regarding shortages of Marine Corps uniforms.
2. This MARADMIN cancels references (c), (d), and (e). This MARADMIN applies to all Marines that graduated boot camp on or after 1 May 2022, and were affected by a reduced initial issue due to uniform shortages.
3. Situation. As a result of inventory shortages for initial issue uniform items, this message provides Marines with guidance on obtaining uniform items in the event a Marine receives a reduced initial issue. Paragraph 5 of this message outlines the process and provides organizational mailboxes for both Marine Corps Recruit Depot (MCRD) Parris Island and MCRD San Diego to validate whether the individual received a reduced initial issue. For clarification, the terms uniform and clothing throughout this MARADMIN are synonymous.
4. Background. Since May 2022, the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support (DLA-TS) has faced challenges in meeting demand for certain Marine Corps uniform items due to supply chain disruptions, labor shortages, and reduced production capabilities. Additional vendors have been sourced; however, it may take 12-14 months for manufacturers to reach full operating capability. Projections suggest that by the fourth quarter of FY2024, the on-hand inventory of uniform items affected by production delays will reach a level where DLA-TS can adequately meet the uniform requirements of the Marine Corps at MCRDs, Marine Corps Exchanges (MCX), Navy Exchanges (NEX), and Army Air Force Exchanges (AAFES).
5. Execution. This message amplifies previous guidance published concerning page-11 entries into eachgraduating Marine’s Service Record Book (SRB) to document uniform items not issued at the MCRDs.
5.a. The MCRDs shall annotate each Marine’s SRB, via page-11 entry, to identify reductions or shortages of the initial uniform allowance issue.
5.a.1. The page-11 entry shall read: “I, ______, was counseled/notified I did not receive an initial clothing allowance (seabag) issue of the following clothing item(s). Once I check into my permanent duty station, I must initiate the NAVMC 604 form “Combined Individual Clothing Requisition and Issue Slip” to complete my initial clothing allowance issue”.
5.b. Once uniform items are available, the Commander or designated individual will validate the Marine’s SRB and create a NAVMC 604. The NAVMC 604 will contain the Functional Account Number (FAN): 72042 for initial issue. The NAVMC 604 will be provided to the exchanges for the issuance of the clothing items owed to the Marine.
5.c. If a Marine is missing a page-11 entry, the MCRDs have the ability to provide a list of all uniform items that he or she was not issued prior to graduation. Marines that are missing a page-11 entry for a uniform item are directed to contact the recruit depot from which they graduated at the following organizational mailboxes.
5.c.1. Parris Island: PARR_SMB_MCRDPI_DEPOT_CLOTHING@USMC.MIL
5.c.2. San Diego: RDSD_DEPOT_CLOTHING@USMC.MIL
5.d. Marines that require alterations to uniform items due to an incomplete issue are authorized to have their items gratuitously altered once the clothing items are available at the MCX, NEX or AAFES. The FAN code identified in paragraph 5.b. will be used for gratuitous alterations.
5.e. Currently, uniform items impacted include woodland and desert Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform (MCCUU) blouses and running suits. However, this MARADMIN will also apply to any future uniform item(s) impacted by a reduced initial issue until the cancellation of this MARADMIN.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. This MARADMIN will remain in effect until canceled.
8. Release authorized by LtGen Edward D. Banta, Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics.//