MARADMINS : 554/15
R 031255Z NOV 15
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY 2016 MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS FOR PRIOR SERVICE RECRUITERS, EXTENDED ACTIVE DUTY RECRUITERS, SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE (SMCR) STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (SNCO)//
NARR/REF A, MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME II, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (SHORT TITLE: ENLPROMMAN). REF B, AUTHORIZATION FOR THE FY 2016 MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS FOR PRIOR SERVICE RECRUITERS, EXTENDED ACTIVE DUTY RECRUITERS, AND SMCR SNCO.//
POC/M. L. PETERS/MAJ/CMC MMPR-2/-/TEL:DSN 278-9718 /EMAIL:MICHELLE.PETERS(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide the FY 2016 Meritorious Promotion Allocations for Prior Service Recruiters, Extended Active Duty Recruiters, SMCR SNCO.
2. The FY 2016 Meritorious Promotion Allocations are as follows:
Command SSgt/GySgt allocations
Marine Corps Recruiting Command
(Prior Service Recruiters) 1/1
(Extended Active Duty Recruiters) 2/0
MarForRes (SMCR SNCO) 4/2
3. Meritorious promotions among Extended Active Duty Recruiters will have an effective date of 2 January 2016. Meritorious promotions among Prior Service Recruiters will have an effective date of 2 July 2016. Meritorious promotions among SMCR SNCO's will have an effective date of 2 April 2016.
4. Commanders with specific allocations listed above will convene selection boards within their commands to nominate Marines for meritorious promotion by the CMC. The recommendations of the selection boards for the meritorious promotion of Marines to gunnery sergeant and staff sergeant will be endorsed by the commander and submitted via naval message to CMC (MMPR-2). Prior Service Recruiter and Extended Active Duty Recruiter nominees must be received no later than 9 December 2015. SMCR SNCO nominees must be received no later than 1 March 2016. Upon review and approval of the nominations by the CMC (MM), promotion unit diary entries will be entered by HQMC (Marines already selected for the next grade by a regular promotion board are still eligible for meritorious promotion to that grade if their seniority number has not been reached). Commanders will prepare certificates of appointment in accordance With ref (a).
5. For Enlisted Promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9718 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: enlistedpromotions(at)usmc.mil. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine", "Manpower Management (MM)", "Promotion Branch", then "Enlisted Promotions". From there click on "message traffic", then "SNCO messages", then click on the meritorious tab.
6. Release authorized by MajGen Craig. Q. Timberlake Director, Manpower Management Division.//