MARADMINS : 583/15
R 201305Z NOV 15
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/FUNDING FOR ENLISTED MARINE EXAMS UNDER MARINE CORPS CREDENTIAL OPPORTUNITIES ONLINE (COOL)//
POC/C.CONEY/CIV/MFR/-/TEL:703-784-9550/EMAIL:CASSANDRA. CONEY (AT) USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce Marine Corps funding opportunities for enlisted Marines interested in pursuing certifications and licensures through Marine Corps COOL Program. Effective immediately, and subject to funding availability, the Marine Corps will fund examination fees and annual maintenance for enlisted Marine civilian/industry credentials which are closely alignedwith the Marine’s Military Occupational Specialty (MOS).
2. More than 1,500 civilian/industry occupational credentials are currently eligible for funding. Credentials have been matched to every MOS, and displayed on the Marine Corps COOL website http: (slash-slash) www.cool.navy.mil(slash)usmc.
3. Exam funding is handled on a first come, first served basis via the pre-paid voucher request form provided by Marine Corps COOL. Interested Marines are encouraged to take advantage of funded exams as soon as practical as the program is subject to funds availability. Marines must have six months or greater remaining on their enlistment prior to receiving pre-paid vouchers. The pre-paid vouchers allow Marines to take exams with no out of pocket cost. Marines using their own funds to take an exam to obtain civilian/industry occupational credentials are noteligible for reimbursement under Marine Corps COOL. Marines must complete all exams within 60 days of pre-paid credential funding. Those receiving pre-paid credentialing funding within six months of separation must complete all exams no-less-than 60 days prior to End of Active Service (EAS).
4. Every Marine is strongly encouraged to take advantage of this outstanding opportunity for enhanced professional development. In addition, Marine leaders should ensure that information about the Marine Corps COOL Program is publicized throughout their commands. For more information on the Marine COOL website visit: http:(slash-slash) www.cool.navy. mil(slash)usmc.
5. For more information on the Marine Corps COOL Program, contact the Marine Corps credentials program office at (850)452-6337/DSN 459 or email at: usmccool(at)navy.mil.
6. Release authorized by MajGen B.W. Whitman, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//