MARADMINS : 645/15
R 231052Z DEC 15
MSGID/GENADMIN CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2016 1095 ALLOCATIONS AND PROJECTED FISCAL YEAR 2017 ALLOCATIONS//
REF/C/MSGID:MSG/MRA/211901Z APR 15//
NARR/REF A IS DC MRA FY16 MANPOWER ACCESSION AND RETENTION PLAN, MEMO-01. REF B IS DC MRA FY15 MANPOWER ACCESSION AND RETENTION PLAN, MEMO-01. REF C IS MARADMIN 204-15, VALIDATION REQUIREMENTS WHEN DETERMINING PRIMARY RESIDENCE FOR RESERVE COMPONENT (RC) MARINES.//
POC/LIANEZ, R./LTCOL/BRANCH HEAD/MMIB/TEL/DSN 378-9352/COMM 703-432-9352/EMAIL:RAUL.LIANEZ(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/YETTER, G./LTCOL/HEAD MMIB-2/TEL/DSN 378-9177/COMM 703-432-9177//
POC/STYLES, S./LTCOL/ASST SEC HEAD MMIB-2/ TEL/DSN 378-9177/ COMM 703-432-9177//
POC/HARDIN, J./MAJ/OIC REQUIREMENTS/MMIB-2/TEL/DSN 378-9177/ COMM 703-432-9177/EMAIL:JESSE.HARDIN(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Situation. Ref (a) establishes the FY16 service 1095 cap at 75, with 75 allotted to Manpower Management Division (MM), and 0 allotted to Reserve Affairs (RA). Ref (b) established the service cap at 100 with all 100 allotted to Manpower Management Division (MM), and 0 allotted to Reserve Affairs (RA). 1095 allocations are being reduced in accordance with the OEF drawdown and mobilization plans. As force structure and manpower is being reduced, the impact on the force as it pertains to end-strength is to be closely monitored. Accordingly, the 1095 allocations are being reduced to support the active component end-strength drawdown. As Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) requirements are being reviewed and or re-validated, orders will be modified in accordance with ref (c).
2. Mission. The service must reach the 1095 caps set forth in ref (a) by the phase lines listed below. Ref (a) further states that an additional 25 1095 quotas are to be held at the DC MRA (MM) level for use within the CENTCOM AOR. RC Marines that will qualify for this exemption must physically be inside the CENTCOM AOR. No other COCOM AOR will qualify. Requests for these exemptions are to be sent to DC MRA Manpower Management Intergration Branch (MMIB) with full justification and duty location. DC MRA (MMIB) is the decision authority regarding the utilization of these additional CENTCOM AOR quotas. Dir, MM is tasked with the oversight of the 1095 quotas as it pertains to ADOS-CO orders.
2.a. This message will be modified and or cancelled based on the needs of the Marine Corps and/or mobilization authorities.
2.b. These allocations are predicated upon the continuation of congressional approval of OCO budgets and the declaration of national emergency.
3. Execution. IAW the references, the 1095 reductions will be accomplished by the following phase lines:
3.a. Phase line 1 (FY16)
3.a.1. Date: 26 Sep 16
3.a.2. Service cap:75
3.a.3. The original FY16 quotas for phase line 1, FY16 (75) are reflected:
4. Phase line 2 (FY17)
4.b.1. Date: 01 Oct 16
4.b.2. Service cap: 50
4.b.3. The quotas for phase line 2, FY17 (50) are allocated as follows:
5. The forecasted service FY17 1095 allocation is 50.
6. Admin and Logistics. NLT 1 Apr 16, commands listed in 3.a.3 will identify, by-name, those Marines who will be demobilized NLT 26 Sep 16 as part of phase line 1. Intent is to have commands personally notify Marines of their impending demobilization NLT six months prior to Sep 16 IOT allow for sufficient time to transition. Additionally, a second by-name list will be required to identify those Marines who have been authorized to extend past 1 Oct 2016 into FY17 (under the forecasted cap of 50) as part of phase line 2. MARFOR's/Commands will submit the information outlined above via an excel spreadsheet sent NIPR e-mail to MMIB-2 (MMFA) POCs, LtCol Yetter or Maj Hardin.
7. Commands assigned a 1095 quota are authorized to seek assistance from other commands in the realignment of 1095 allocations, with the understanding that it will not exceed the service cap for that FY. Also, any realignment between MARFOR's is only valid for that specific FY and will not carry into the next FY. Commands cannot exceed their quota and if a 1095 Marine is being considered for activation, then an existing 1095 Marine from that command will have to demobilize as a one-for-one swap. A 45 day turnover is authorized.
8. Quotas outlined above are determined according to the percentage of the IA OCO budget that is allocated to each MARFOR/Command, i.e., a MARFOR that receives a 10 percent allocation of the IA OCO budget, also receives a corresponding 10 percent of the overall service 1095 allocation. Some percentages are revised downward to remain within the service cap.
9. HQMC/NCR holds a larger portion of the 1095 quotas IOT cover ad hoc service Joint IA Requirements overseen by DC MRA.
10. All commands identified above are required to be at their quota on the specified phase line date.
11. Command and Signal. Ref (c) provides detailed information regarding the RC Marine address. MROWS orders will not be approved or extended without compliance with that MARADMIN. Questions can be addressed to the pocs identified in the Ref (c) msg.
12. Release authorized by LtGen Mark Brilakis, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//