MARADMINS : 650/15
R 291505Z DEC 15
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/CONVENING OF THE FY17 U.S. MARINE CORPS RESERVE CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER PROMOTION SELECTION BOARD//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR/YMD: 20150701//
REF/C/MSGID: MCO/P1070.12K/YMD: 20000714//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 199/15, FY17 U.S. MARINE CORPS OFFICER PROMOTION SELECTION BOARDS. REF B IS MCBUL 1400, OFFICER LINEAL PRECEDENCE. REF C IS MARINE CORPS INDIVIDUAL RECORDS ADMINISTRATION MANUAL (IRAM). REF D IS MARADMIN 498/13, OFFICIAL MILITARY PERSONNEL FILE (OMPF) PHOTOGRAPH GUIDANCE, REF E IS MARADMIN 280/14, UPDATE TO OFFICIAL MILITARY PERSONNEL FILE (OMPF).//
POC/S.R. WRIGHT/HD/MAJ/UNIT: MMPR-1/-/TEL: (703) 784-9703/E-MAIL: SHANA.WRIGHT(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. As announced by ref (a), the FY17 U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Chief Warrant Officer (CWO) promotion selection board will convene on 10 February 2016, at Harry Lee Hall, Marine Corps Base, Quantico, VA. The board will consider CWOs serving in an active status for promotion in the Other Than Active Reserve (OTAR) and Active Reserve (AR) competitive categories. CWOs identified as Reserve Active-Status List (RASL) in ref (b) are in the competitive category of OTAR. The OTAR selection board will consider officers for promotion to the grades of CWO5, CWO4, and CWO3. CWO's identified as AR in ref (b) are in the competitive category of AR. The AR selection board considers officers for promotion to the grades of CWO5, CWO4, and CWO3 if vacancies become available in the MOS competitive categories in the AR program in these grades. The AR MOS competitive categories are:
A. Personnel (MOS 0170)
B. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (MOS 6004)
C. Aviation Ordnance (MOS 6502)
2. Promotion Board. The board will consider three categories of officers as specified by the yearly promotion plan: Above-Zone, In-Zone, and Below-Zone. Officers identified as RASL or AR in ref (b) are eligible for their respective board if, on the convening date of the board, the officers have continuously performed service on either the RASL or the Active-Duty List (or a combination of both lists) for a period of one year. However, officers with established separation/retirement dates within 90 days after the convening date of their respective board will not be considered by the board if the separation/retirement date is established by midnight on the day the board convenes. Officers whose lineal control number (LCN) precedes the senior officer In-Zone are defined as Above-Zone. Those Above-Zone officers who have not been previously considered are defined as "Above-Zone, not previously considered." Officers in this status are considered by the board to be In-Zone. Officers may review ref (b) and their eligibility for the board on the internet at the officer promotion homepage. The senior and junior officers In-Zone (SR IZ and JR IZ) and the junior officer eligible Below-Zone (JR BZ) are as follows (Enclosures (1) and (2) of ref (b) apply):
A. CWO5 OTAR Selection Board
SR IZ: CWO4 Butkovich, Mark E. 1 Mar 13 01575000
JR IZ: CWO4 Tillman, Patrick C. 1 Nov 13 01622000
JR BZ: CWO4 Longworth, Gregory S. 1 Feb 14 01651000
B. CWO4 OTAR Selection Board
SR IZ: CWO3 Toole Jr, Robert J. 1 Jun 11 03025000
JR IZ: CWO3 Smith, Katherine R. 1 Sep 12 03376000
JR BZ: CWO3 Brown, Clint M. 1 Nov 12 03382000
C. CWO3 OTAR Selection Board
SR IZ: CWO2 Debusk, Brent A. 2 Aug 10 03752000
JR IZ: CWO2 Smith, Charles S. 2 Aug 10 03778000
JR BZ: CWO2 Snider, Weylin A. 1 Aug 11 04007000
D. An AR Selection Board will not be held for CWO5 in MOS 0170, 6502 or 6004.
E. An AR Selection Board will not be held for CWO4 in MOS 6004 or 6502.
F. CWO4 AR Selection Board - MOS 0170
SR IZ: CWO3 Hemphill, Everett 1 Aug 13 03468000
JR IZ: CWO3 Long, Allen G. 1 Sep 13 03583000
G. An AR Selection Board will not be held for CWO3 in MOS 6004.
H. CWO3 AR Selection Board - MOS 0170
SR IZ: CWO2 Hoy, Robert A. 1 Aug 13 04501000
JR IZ: CWO2 Rivers, William E. 1 Aug 13 04518000
I. CWO3 AR Selection Board - MOS 6502
Only IZ: CWO2 Bowie, Robert C. 1 Aug 13 04507000
3. Board Preparation Guidance. Officers have an obligation to prepare for promotion consideration. Officers are advised to review ref (a) for guidance regarding submission of information, auditing the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) and Master Brief Sheet (MBS), fitness reports, and photographs prior to the convening date of the board. Officers are also reminded to review guidance in ref (a)regarding the career retirement credit report (CRCR) and NAVMC 10476 (reserve qualification summary (RQS). OTAR officers are required to submit a complete RQS as update material to the board no later than 2359 hours (Eastern Standard Time) on the day before the date the board convenes. Officers may review ref (a) at the officer promotion homepage. The following guidance is provided:
A. Personal Responsibilities: Each officer is personally responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of their OMPF and MBS before the board convening date.
B. Obtaining and Reviewing the OMPF and MBS. The primary, most expeditious means of obtaining and viewing the OMPF and MBS is through OMPF online via MOL. Refer to ref (c) to determine what documents are appropriate for inclusion in the OMPF.
C. OMPF Document Submission Guidelines. Officers are personally responsible for correcting deficiencies, missing information, or illegible documents present in either the OMPF or MBS with CMC (MMRP-20). Per ref (d) and (e), ensure any material sent to CMC (MMRP-20) for filing in the OMPF contains full name, grade, and the electronic data interchange personal identifier (EDIPI). If the EDIPI is not on the material, then the material may or may not be filed in the OMPF in time to go before the promotion selection board. Officers are reminded that any additions or deletions from their OMPF or MBS within the 12-month window should also be verified to ensure the accuracy and completeness of their record. OMPF documents can be e-mailed as a PDF attachment or mailed to CMC (MMRP-20). However, inclusion into the OMPF is substantially faster if the documents are e-mailed. See paragraph 4 (MMRP) for OMPF inquiries and document submission points of contact.
D. OMPF Document Submission Timelines. It is imperative that documents submitted to CMC (MMRP-20) for inclusion in the OMPF within 60 days of a selection board be conspicuously marked “Contains documents for FY17 (appropriate board) promotion selection board.” With the exception of fitness reports, all OMPF documents, particularly digital photos, must be forwarded to and received by CMC (MMRP-20) at least two weeks prior to the convening date of the promotion selection board in order to allow processing time to the OMPF. Officers are advised that the OMPF and MBS are distributed to the boardroom at least one week before the board convening date. Board eligible records continue to be updated until the convening date of the board; however, officers are highly encouraged to submit all material no later than two weeks prior to the board for which they are eligible.
E. Photographs. Per ref (d) and (e), officers eligible for promotion consideration are required to submit an official photo within 12 months of the convening date of the board. Ref (d) and (e) outlines digital photograph submission specification requirements.
(1) Reviewing Photo Submission. Officers are responsible for verifying receipt of photo by CMC (MMRP-60). The primary, most expeditious means of confirming photo receipt is through OMPF online via MOL. Photos will be available for viewing on OMPF online within 24 hours of receipt by CMC (MMRP-60). The date of the photograph, as noted on the photograph title board, is considered the primary date for determining the 12-month photograph eligibility window for selection boards. Officers are advised that although a photo may be over 12 months old, the photo will remain in the OMPF until an updated photo is submitted.
(2) Hard Copy Photos. Officers who choose to submit a hard copy photo directly to the president of the board are advised that the photo will not be included in the OMPF. Verification of hard copy photos submitted directly to the president of the board can be accomplished through the officer promotion homepage CMC (MMPR).
F. Career Advisors. Officers concerned about specific aspects of their record may contact the Reserve Continuation Transition Branch (RCT) for assistance. See paragraph 4.e, below, for contact information.
G. Communication with the Board. Each officer may communicate with the president of the board. By law such personal communications must be in writing and received or hand-delivered to Harry Lee Hall no later than 2359 (Eastern Standard Time) on the day before the date the board convenes. However, request officers submit such personal communications to CMC (MMPR-1) at least five working days before the date the board convenes. This five-day period provides CMC (MMPR-1) sufficient time to review the material, reconcile discrepancies, and enter the material in the update material database. The information in this database is then up-loaded to the internet so officers can personally confirm receipt of the material via the officer promotion homepage. In addition, do not send duplicate copies of update material. Doing so causes CMC (MMPR-1) to again process the material and for the board to review duplicate copies of the material submitted.
H. Forwarding communications to the Board. Officers may submit communications via U.S. Mail, next day packages, or fax. Because U.S. Mail is not delivered directly to Harry Lee Hall, anticipate a two-to-three day lag time for further delivery to Harry Lee Hall. Commercial next day carriers deliver directly to Harry Lee Hall, excluding weekends and holidays. Officers with the capability to scan their documents may send the scanned documents via e-mail directly to the organizational mailbox officerpromotions(AT)usmc. mil. Ensure the e-mail subject line reads "Update material for the FY17 USMCR CWO Promotion Selection Board."
I. Update Material. Officers may submit to the board any written information, to include written material they deem important for consideration. OMPF materials sent directly to the board president will not become part of an officer's OMPF. Although officers may submit any material as update material, officers should contact CMC (MMRP-30) before submitting fitness reports as update material and CMC (MMRP-20) for any other OMPF materials. This process will ensure an officer's OMPF is appropriately updated. The following guidelines apply regardless of the means by which an officer submits material, e.g., mail, fax, e-mail, etc.:
(1) Update material must be in writing and submitted under cover letter with the update material as enclosures (a sample cover letter is available at the officer promotion homepage);
(2) The cover letter must be addressed to president, FY17 USMCR CWO promotion selection board (see paragraph 4a for complete address);
(3) Update material must be from the eligible officer; and the officer must physically sign the cover letter. Digital signatures are authorized on e-mail submissions. Material submitted that is not in writing, submitted without a signed cover letter, or received after 2359 on the day before the date the board convenes will not be submitted to the board.
J. Update Material Receipt Verification. Officers desiring to verify that CMC (MMPR-1) has physically received update material may do so via the officer promotion homepage. Officers are reminded that because update material received by CMC (MMPR-1) takes approximately five working days to be reviewed and entered in the update material database, officers should not expect to see the information at the officer promotion homepage immediately upon receipt by CMC (MMPR-1). Officers who submit update material under this five-day period should call CMC (MMPR-1) for confirmation of receipt of the material.
4. Addresses, Points Of Contact, And Internet Information:
A. Address for the president of the board:
FY17 USMCR CWO Promotion Selection Board
Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps (MMPR-1)
Harry Lee Hall
17 Lejeune Road
Quantico, VA 22134-5104
B. Officer Promotion Section (MMPR-1) COMM 703-784-9705:
(1) Section Head, DSN 278-9703/04
(2) Promotion Board Action Officers, DSN 278-9705/06/07
(3) Lineal Staff, COMM 703-784-9705/06/07, DSN 278-9705/06
(4) Confirm receipt of material, 703-784-9703/12, DSN 278-9703/12
(5) Fax material to: COMM 703-784-9883/9884 OR DSN 278-9883/9884
(6) E-mail material to: officerpromotions(AT)usmc.mil
C. Internet information through the officer promotion homepage. Go to www.marines.mil. Select the "Marines" tab at the top of the page. Under the "Career" heading, select "Promotions," and then select "Officer Promotions," to arrive at the officer promotion homepage. From there, to find:
(1) Ref A: Select "Messages" and under "Miscellaneous" select "CY15" and then select "199/15."
(2) Lineal List: Under “Reference" select “MCBUL 1400-Blue Book dtd Jul 2015."
(3) Zone Eligibility Or Update Material Receipt Verification: under "Online Applications," select "Eligibility Verification/Submitted Material."
(4) Information for preparing for a Board: select “Preparing for your Board."
(5) Sample Cover Letter: under "Reference," select "Cover Letter Example."
(6) Download the RQS (HQMC Version 5-02): Under "Reference," Select "Reserve Qualification Summary (Version 5-02)."
(7) OMPF/MBS/Digital Photos. The primary, most expeditious means of obtaining and viewing the OMPF, MBS, and digital photo is through OMPF online via mol. alternative means of downloading and viewing the MBS and digital photograph is available through the MMRP homepage. from the officer promotion homepage, under "related links," select "Record And Performance Branch (MMRP)."
D. Manpower Management Records and Performance Branch.
(1) (MMRP-20) Records Management Section. OMPF documents or questions concerning the OMPF can be sent by the following means:
Commandant Of The Marine Corps
Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps (MMRP-20)
2008 Elliot Road
Quantico, VA 22134-5030
(C)Phone Numbers, (COMM 703-784-3907 OR DSN 278-3907) OMPF Customer Service, DSN 278-3906/3907/5640
(2) (MMRP-30) Performance Evaluation Section, COMM. 703-784-3993, DSN 278-3993 OR TOLL FREE 1-877-301-9953.
(3) Operations Section, digital photos (MMRP-60), (703) 784-3738/4607, DSN 278-3738/4607.
E. Officers Counseling and Evaluation Section, Reserve Affairs Division, (RCT), COMM 703-784-9130, DSN 278-9130, or Toll Free 877-415-9275 (OPTION 5).
F. Separation and Retirement Branch (MMSR): COMM 703-784-9324 or DSN 278-9324/9306.
5. Release authorized by MajGen Craig Q. Timberlake, Director Manpower Management Division.//