MARADMINS : 004/16
R 051754Z JAN 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR (FY) 2017-2021 TRAINING INPUT PLAN REQUIREMENTS WORKING GROUP FINAL GUIDANCE//
NARR/(REF) A IS MCO 1553.1B THE MARINE CORPS TRAINING AND EDUCATION SYSTEM. REF B IS MCO 1553.2B MANAGEMENT OF MARINE CORPS FORMAL SCHOOLS AND TRAINING DETACHMENTS. REF C IS NAVMC 1553.2 MARINE CORPS FORMAL SCHOOL MANAGEMENT POLICY GUIDANCE. REF D IS MCO 5311.1D TOTAL FORCE STRUCTURE PROCESS.//
POC/P. J. FLATEGRAFF/CAPT/UNIT: TECOM/TEL: (703) 432-0071/TEL: DSN 378-0071//
GENTEXT/Remarks/1. Commanding General (CG), Training and Education Command (TECOM) sponsors the annual Training Input Plan (TIP) requirements working group and the TECOM Formal School Quota Requirements Management Branch (FSQRMB), MAGTF Training and Education Standards Division (C 466) acts as the CG'S agent to conduct the TIP requirements working group. The FY17-21TIP requirements working group will be conducted from Tuesday, 8 March 2016 through Thursday, 10 March 2016 aboard Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia. This message provides final working group guidance, as well as guidance for sponsors' submission of formal school training requirements in preparation for the tip requirements working group.
A. Per references A and B, FSQRMB annually solicits formal school training quota requirements from formal school requirement sponsors (Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Marine Corps Recruiting Command, Marine Corps Combat Development Command, Occupational Field Managers as defined in ref D, Marine Forces Commanders, and Marine Corps Installations Command). This information is compiled into the TIP, disseminated, and used as a planning tool for those activities required to plan, program, resource, and schedule training capacity to meet the Marine Corps' formal school training requirements. FSQRMB requests sponsors submit their training requirements approximately two months prior to the TIP requirements working group. The purpose of the earlier submission is to provide sufficient time for FSQRMB to conduct requirement validation analysis prior to the working group meeting and to use the working group meeting as the vehicle for finalizing requirements, rather than as the vehicle for gathering them.
B. While the following list of formal school requirement sponsors is not all inclusive, it captures the major marine corps requirement sponsor organizations with requirements submitted for the FY16-FY20 TIP (Read in One Column):
DC AVN (APX/ASL/ASM)
DIR INTEL (IOP)
DC IL (LB/LPC/LPD/LPE)
DC MRA (MIF/MMOA/MPE/MPP)
DC MRA RA (RAM/RAP)
DC PPO (MCIOC/PLI/POG/PO SOD/PSL/CBRN)
DC PR (RFL)
DIR C4 (CRP)
DIR OUSMCC (PA/PAC-20/COMCAM)
SJA TO CMC (LAO/LSC/JAS)
CG EDCOM (C40)
CG MAGTFTC (MCLOG/MCTOG/MWTC)
CG MARFORCOM (MARFORCOM/MCSCG)
CG LOGCOM (MCLC)
CG TECOM (C461/C466 /C469/C4610)
CG TRNGCMD (C476/C47G3A)
COM MARCORSYSCOM (AM)
C. Based on historic training requirement submission trends, FSQRMB anticipates these sponsors will submit requirements for the FY17-21 TIP. Requirement sponsors who do not submit FY17- 21 requirements will not have their requirements published in the FY17-21 TIP, resulting in FY17 course quotas not being allocated to their sponsor codes during the FY17 class schedule approval and posting process.
3. Working Group Objectives.
A. To the greatest extent possible, finalize FY17 formal training requirements by Military Occupational Specialty (MOS), sponsor, and student type. Where finalization is not possible before working group adjournment, gather, and validate FY17 formal course quota requirements.
B. Confirm recognized sponsors’ formal training requirements by MOS, sponsor, and student type for FY17-21.
C. Provide face to face liaison and coordination amongst FSQRMB, requirement sponsors, operating forces, schoolhouses, and other working group participants.
4. Action. In preparation for the TIP requirements working group, formal school requirement sponsors shall submit requirements per the following guidance.
A. For all requirement sponsors, except active and reserve component entry level officer and enlisted and enlisted lateral move requirement sponsors (MPP, RAP, AND RAM), submit best estimate FY17-21 requirements for courses with an active Course Identifier (CID) in MCTIMS student registrar to FSQRMB No Later Than (NLT) 15 Jan 2016. Sponsors shall make their requirement submissions using the Pre-TIP requirements template (FY 17-21 Pre-TIP Sponsor requirement submission form.xlsx) and requirements template instructions (FY 17-21 Pre-TIP sponsor requirement submission form instructions.docx). These documents were e-mailed to the contacts on file for the entities listed in para 2.B in October 2015. All others can obtain a copy by e-mail request to tecomtqmrequest(at)usmc.mil or by downloading it directly from the FSQRMB public website and opening the FY17-21 TIP requirements working group (8-10 MAR 2016) shared documents folder: https:(slashslash)vcepub.tecom.usmc.mil/sites/directorates/mtesd/fs/default.aspx. To access this sharepoint site you must use your CAC DOD E-Mail certificate. Furthermore, sponsors may contact FSQRMB at tecomtqmrequests(at)usmc.mil to request additional guidance on the use of the Pre-TIP requirements template or for advice or referral on requirement planning. Submit the completed requirements submission form via E-Mail to tecomtqmrequest(at)usmc.mil.
B. For active and reserve component entry level officer and enlisted and enlisted lateral move requirement sponsors (MPP, RAP, and RAM), submit FY17-21 training requirements by MOS or by course identifier with active CIDS in MCTIMS student registrar to FSQRMB NLT 29 FEB 2016.
C. The sponsor TIP tool within the student registrar module is still in development. Therefore, it will not be used for the FY17-21TIP.
5. Post-submission actions. FSQRMB will review submitted requirements and provided justifications and compare them to MCTIMS student registrar FY13-15 usage data and corresponding data provided by the other services’ training management systems. Based on review of ongoing performance, FSQRMB will contact sponsors of requirements that appear to understate or overstate appropriate and achievable input in order to refine the requirements prior to the FY 17-21 TIP being published. The objective is to confirm requirement validity to the greatest extent possible prior to the tip requirements working group convening. This will minimize the need to adjudicate requirement validity during the conduct of the working group and afterward.
7. More information on FSQRMB and TIP development can be found at the formal school quota requirements management branch common access website: https:(slashslash)vcepub.tecom.usmc.mil/sites/directorates/mtesd/fs/default.aspx.
8. Working group agenda. The objective is to finalize course requirements with sponsors. Sponsors should plan to be present at the start of their designated day because the amount of time needed to review and finalize requirements for each sponsor will vary. The working group is scheduled from 0800 to 1630 each day, but the schedule might extend beyond 1630 to accomplish necessary business. The following sponsor requirements review sequence is planned for each day; any adjustments to this sequence will be announced when the working group convenes on 8 mar 2016:
A. Sponsors covered in the large conference room (Read In Three Columns):
8 March (Tue) 9 March (Wed) 10 March (Thu)
MCSCG PO SOD Make-Up Day
B. The following requirements sponsors FY17-21TIP inputs will be verified via E-Mail prior to the FY17-21 TIP working group convening and will not be reviewed during the course of the working group. There is no requirement for these sponsors to attend the FY17-21 TIP working group.
9. Airborne (CID: A030CG1). Airborne course requirements will not be addressed and quota requirements will not be accepted during the working group. With the exception of MPP-20 0EE and RAP 2E requirements for MOS 0451, all sponsors must submit their airborne requirements by 15 Jan 2016, and all requirements submissions will be adjudicated and finalized before the working group convenes on 8 Mar 2015. Submitted requirements will be validated based on approved Total Force Structure Management System (TFSMS) billets with Billet MOS (BMOS) or N-Coded additional skill MOS requiring airborne training.
10. Admin. The FY17-21TIP working group will be held on the second floor of the LSI building, 301 Potomac ave. Quantico, Va 22134. Billeting reservations can be made aboard MCB Quantico at the Crossroads Inn, (703) 630-4444, OR Liversedge Hall, (703) 784-3149, however no block reservation has been established with either facility. Detailed directions to LSI, a base closure plan, updated sponsor sequence, and any changes to this final guidance will be released via E-Mail to all contacts FSQRMB has on file on or around 26 Feb 2016. The planned working group uniform is MARPAT utilities.
11. Release authorized by Major General James W. Lukeman, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//