MARADMINS : 009/16
R 061055Z JAN 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY16 ASSISTANT MARINE OFFICER INSTRUCTOR (AMOI) AND OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL (OCS) BILLET VACANCIES.//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMEA-25/YMD: 19990912//
AMPN/REF IS MCO P1326.6D, SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS MANUAL//
POC/DEWEEVER N. G./GYSGT/MMEA-25/-/TEL: DSN 378-9475//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the provisions and billet vacancies for the FY16 AMOI/OCS program, and to solicit applications from qualified Marines.
2. The reference establishes the selection process and eligibility requirements.
3. The FY16 AMOI/OCS selection board will accept applications for the following anticipated vacancies:
UNIVERSITY/VACANCY MCC LOCATION
NROTC CORNELL UNIVERSITY H12 ITHACA, NY
NROTC UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS H28 CHAMPAIGN, IL
NROTC IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY H30 AMES, IA
NROTC JACKSONVILLE UNIVERSITY H31 JACKSONVILLE, FL
NROTC UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI H48 COLUMBIA, MO
NROTC UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA H54 CHAPEL HILL, NC
NROTC NORWICH UNIVERSITY H57 NORFIELD, VT
NROTC UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME H58 SOUTH BEND, IN
NROTC OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY H60 COLUMBUS, OH
NROTC OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY H64 CORVALLIS, OR
NROTC SUNY MARITIME COLLEGE H67 BRONX, NY
NROTC RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INST H74 TROY, NY
NROTC SAVANNAH STATE COLLEGE H79 SAVANNAH, GA
NROTC UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA H80 COLUMBIA, SC
NROTC SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY H83 SAN DIEGO, CA
NROTC TULANE UNIVERSITY H90 NEW ORLEANS, LA
NROTC UNIVERSITY OF UTAH H91 SALT LAKE CITY, UT
NROTC UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA H94 CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
NROTC MAINE MARITIME ACADEMY H9C CASTINE, ME
NAVY EDUCATION & TRAINING CENTER J34 NEWPORT, RI
US NAVAL ACADEMY J38 ANNAPOLIS, MD
MERCHANT MARINE ACADEMY KB5 GREAT NECK, NY
NAVY OFFICER TRAINING COMMAND K55 NEWPORT, RI
OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL 069 QUANTICO, VA
4. All AMOI billets are currently under review and those billets listed in par 3 are subject to change. Billets may be removed and other billet vacancies may become available prior to the convening of the selection board. Additional billet vacancies will be announced via MARADMIN.
5. In addition to the eligibility requirements contained in the reference, Marines applying for the AMOI program must meet the following criteria:
a. Regular active duty Marines in the grade of Staff Sergeant through Master Sergeant.
b. Possess the additional MOS of 0911 (drill instructor).
c. Possess a minimum GT of 100.
d. Meet height and weight standards or be within body fat standards.
e. Possess a current first class PFT score at time of submission.
f. Served a minimum of 3 years in primary MOS since last tour in billet MOS 0911 at estimated date of departure. Waiverable to 2 years based upon the needs of the Marine Corps.
g. Have 3 years time on station (TOS) by May of 2016. Waiverable to 2 years based upon the needs of the Marine Corps.
Marines requesting assignment to the same geographic location, with a minimum of 2 years TOS by May of 2016, will be considered.
h. Meet requirements in accordance with the independent duty screening checklist.
i. Qualified applicants must be able to PCS to report NLT 15 May 16 or sooner to their universities (no exceptions). 6. Restrictions:
a. Marines serving at an overseas location will be required to complete the prescribed overseas tour length prior to being selected/assigned to a continental United States (CONUS) based college/university.
b. Marines selected for this program must complete a 2 year AMOI tour requirement prior to transferring to the FMCR.
c. Marines must be in compliance with the current Marine Corps tattoo policy. Those Marines with tattoos who were grandfathered must ensure that the appropriate pg 11 and photos of tattoos are submitted to MMRP and entered into their OMPF.
d. Marines selected for this program are required to support the summer augmentation program at OCS, Quantico, VA during the summer months.
e. Marines must be willing to accept assignment to any MCC listed as a vacancy in this MARADMIN.
7. Applicants must submit a special duty assignment request via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS). Unit career planners' have access to the TFRS program.
8. The complete package must be submitted IAW the instructions contained in the reference and forwarded to CMC (MMEA-25) via the parent command including the following:
a. Include the independent duty checklist.
b. Include a current photo less than 6 months old.
c. List in order of precedence (1-28) the billets for which they are applying.
d. All packages should also include: dates on DI duty and GySgt's must annotate M or F.
9. Commanding officers will ensure that each application is carefully reviewed and that all required information has been included.
10. The FY16 AMOI/OCS selection board is scheduled to convene at HQMC 3 – 4 Feb 2016. Applications must be forwarded to CMC (MMEA-25) to arrive NLT 2359 27 Jan 16. Late applications will not be accepted.
11. Commanding officers, Sergeants Major, and career planners are encouraged to disseminate the contents of this MARADMIN to all eligible SNCOs within their command.
12. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
13. Release authorized by MajGen Craig Q. Timberlake, Director, Manpower Management Division.//