MARADMINS : 014/16
R 111557Z JAN 16
MSGID/GENADMIN,USMTF,2007/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE FY16-01 4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING (MAW) OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD//
REF/C/MSGID:DOC/4TH MAW/WGO 5320R.2S//
REF/D/MSGID:DOC/CMC/ MCO 1331.2K//
NARR/REF A IS THE FY16-01 4TH MAW OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATION SELECTION BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT. REF B IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REF C IS 4TH MAW ORDER ON RESERVE OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICIES. REF D IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER ON TRANSITION CONVERSION TRAINING FOR MARINE NAVAL AVIATORS AND NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS//
POC/A.C. LOCHER/LTCOL/UNIT: HQ 4TH MAW G-1/-/504-697-7789 /EMAIL:AARON.LOCHER1(AT)USMC.MIL//
ALTERNATE POC/M.T. LEGENS/COL/UNIT: CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM /DSN 223-9865/703-693-9865/MICHAEL.LEGENS(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. IAW Ref A, the FY16-01 OSA Selection Board was convened by 4th MAW and selected the below listed officers for transition training in the UC-12/UC-35 aircraft and subsequent selected Marine Corps Reserve service within 4th MAW. Read in four columns:
RANK NAME MOS SQUADRON
Maj Fraser, J.C. 7562 VMR Andrews
Maj Bell, M.C. 7509 VMR Andrews
Maj Schellman, B.A. 7543 VMR Belle Chasse
2. All personnel listed above are directed to contact 4th MAW G-1 within 30 days of the release of this message accepting or declining their assignment to the appropriate VMR. Selectees who cannot join the appropriate unit and attend training within 180 days will be required to reapply at a later date.
3. IAW with Refs B and C, this message constitutes 4th MAW join and DIFOP approval authority for the selected Officers.
4. IAW Ref D, par 11(a), Naval Aviators and Naval Flight Officers who have completed transition training are under contractual obligation for four years. This obligation will commence on the date transition training is completed.
5. IAW Ref D, par 11(b), Naval Aviators and Naval Flight Officers who have completed conversion training are under contractual obligation for three years. This obligation will commence on the date transition training is completed.
6. Administrative Guidance
A. Overview. Processing of orders for the approved training period requires the following: submission of a training request package via CG, 4th MAW to approving authority, approval from DC Aviation (transition) or CG 4th MAW (conversion), submission of a signed statement of understanding (SOU) to CMC (RIT) acknowledging acceptance of service obligation associated with transition or conversion training, and submission of funding estimates to CMC (RAP) for each school seat by 4th MAW (G3) NLT 35 days from release of this message.
B. Submit fund approved orders via the Marine Reserve Order Writing System (MROWS) to CMC (RIT). MFR G1 will adjust new mandatory drill stop date (MDSD) upon completion of training.
C. 4th MAW is the only entity authorized to submit requests for this training for the Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR). CMC (RIT) is the only entity authorized to approve funding requests for this training. MARFORRES (MFR) G-1 is the only entity authorized to process MDSD'S upon completion of Marines training.
D. Requests will be submitted by unit commanders S-3 to transition/conversion approving authority via CG, 4th MAW G-3 training via email at samuel.p.adams(at)usmc.mil.
E. Upon approval of the request, 4th MAW G-3 training will notify the Marine’s unit S-3 via approval endorsement.
F. The SMCR unit will:
(1) Create a page 11 entry utilizing either (1)a or (1)b as appropriate, acknowledging the contractual obligation. The page 11 entry requires both the Marine’s and the Commanding Officer signatures. Page 11 entry must be dated utilizing the date the Marine acknowledged and accepted the approved training. Have the Officer sign one of the appropriate page 11 entries below:
(1)A. Transition: IAW MCO 1331.2K, Par 11(a) (obligated service), Marine Naval Aviators (NA) and Marine Naval Flight Officers (NFO) who complete aircraft transition training are under contractual obligation for four years. This obligation will commence on the date transition training is completed. I acknowledge and agree to the additional contractual obligation required per MCO 1331.2K.
(1)B. Conversion: IAW MCO 1331.2K, Par 11(b) (obligated service), Marine Naval Aviators (NA) and Marine Naval Flight Officers (NFO) who complete aircraft conversion training are under contractual obligation for three years. This obligation will commence on the date conversion training is completed. I acknowledge and agree to the additional contractual obligation required per MCO 1331.2K.
(2) Submit the signed page 11 to 4th MAW G3 training via the 4th MAW organizational mailbox at Omb_4thmaw_cmd(at)usmc.mil.
(3) Units are directed to utilize the applicable per diem rates available at the training site. Messing and lodging is directed, if available, at cost. CMC (RIT) will authorize rental vehicles on a case by case basis. All orders will be funded via the following HQMC funding source: Type: Schools, Sub Type: Unit Training Command: CMC (DO NOT USE CMC DIRECTED), PID: IUC [Schools-Indv Unit Conv Trng (CP)], BCN: 14631, Pay Group: 108(Officer), Funding Source: LATERAL MOVE MOS RETRAINING PROGRAM PSTA-238(HQ/LM).
(4) No less than 30 days from the reporting date of the approved transition/conversion training, the unit must submit a set of orders via MROWS. MROWS order requests will not be approved without the prior receipt of the Marine’s signed page 11 entry.
G. Upon completion of SMCR actions, CMC (RIT) will screen and approve the Marines orders request.
H. Upon completion of required training, the SMCR unit will submit an MDSD adjustment request along with a signed copy of the Marine’s page 11 entry to MFR G-1 via their organizational mailbox at mfr_manpower(at)usmc.mil. MFR G-1 will report and adjust the MDSD utilizing the date transition/conversion training was completed.
7. The next 4th MAW OSA selection board is planned for Spring 2016. All applicants not selected by this board who want to be re-considered on the next board will be required to reapply as all packages from this selection board will be destroyed.
8. Release authorized by LtGen J. M. Davis, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//