MARADMINS : 067/16
R 082119Z FEB 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FY17 SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE (SMCR) WARRANT OFFICER ACCESSION BONUS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/TITLE 37 U.S. CODE//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/MCRC/YMD: 051342ZJAN16//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/SECNAV/YMD: 20060207//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1001R.1L YMD: 20151223//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS USC TITLE 37, CHAPTER 5, SUBCHAPTER I, 308J SPECIAL PAY: AFFILIATION BONUS FOR OFFICERS IN THE SELECTED RESERVE. REFERENCE (B) IS MARADMIN 005/16, MCBUL 1040 FISCAL YEAR 2017 (FY17) ENLISTED TO WARRANT OFFICER (RESERVE) SELECTION BOARD. REFERENCE (C) IS THE MARINE CORPS LIMITED DUTY AND WARRANT OFFICER PROGRAMS, PROMOTIONS, AND CONTINUATIONS PROCEDURES. REFERENCE (D) IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM).//
POC/E. H. COOK/CIV/MFR G-1 MPWR/TEL: (504) 697-7187/EMAIL: ERIK.COOK(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/M. R. SANCHEZ/MAJ/RAP-2/TEL: (703)784-9135/EMAIL: MAURO.SANCHEZ(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/S. J. JACKSON/MSGT/RAP-2/TEL: (703)784-9135/EMAIL: SELDON.JACKSON(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/Remarks/1. Situation. The intent of this MARADMIN is to improve staffing for the Marine Forces Reserve (MARFORRES) warrant officer (WO) billets by incentivizing highly qualified enlisted Marines to apply for the FY17 Enlisted to Warrant Officer Reserve Selection Board.
2. In accordance with (IAW) reference (a), this MARADMIN implements the FY17 SMCR Warrant Officer Accession Bonus. This incentive is a 20,000 dollar lump sum payment, less any applicable state and federal taxes.
3. Eligibility requirements
a. Eligible Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) include: 0170, 0205, 0210, 0430, 0803, 1120, 1310, 1390, 2110, 2120, 2125, 2305, 2340, 2805, 3010, 3102, 3302, 3408, 3510, 5702, 5910, 5970, 6004, 7380.
b. Upon approval by the Secretary of the Navy and the announcement of the FY17 Enlisted to Warrant Officer Reserve Selection Board results, the Marine must agree to serve a 48-month Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP) obligation from the date of appointment and in a Billet Identification Code (BIC) listed in paragraph 2b of reference (b).
c. The Marine must complete the Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC) at The Basic School (TBS) aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico, convening in January 2017 and MOS follow-on school.
4. Application procedures. Marines selected on the FY17 Enlisted to Warrant Officer Reserve Selection Board, IAW reference (b), will be provided a Statement of Understanding (SOU). The signed SOU must be returned along with a letter of intent to accept an appointment and request for orders to attend WOBC NLT 31 December 2016.
5. Administrative Guidance
a. WO selectees will submit their letter of intent and signed SOU in the Total Force Retention System (TFRS), via their unit career planners, in accordance with TFRS message number R65238, Submission Procedures for SMCR Warrant Officer Bonus.
b. SMCR WO accession bonus diary reporting of obligation remarks will be entered into Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) via unit diary upon SOU approval by RA (RCT).
c. Payment of the 20,000 dollar bonus will occur upon successful completion of WOBC, MOS follow-on training, and affiliation with the assigned RESRUC and BIC per the SOU.
a. Recipients of the bonus will incur a 48-month WOBC obligation.
(1) The 48-month obligation period commences upon appointment to warrant officer.
(2) The obligation commencement date/effective date will be recorded within MCTFS on the SRIP D302 obligation remark.
b. Time served at the WOBC and MOS follow-on school will be applied toward the 48-month obligation. The remaining portion of the 48-month obligation must be served in the BIC and unit specified in the SOU.
c. WOs in receipt of this bonus are required to waive the commuting distance requirement per reference (d).
d. Requests for inter-unit transfers must be adjudicated by RA (RAM). RA (RCT) will be notified and the D302 MCTFS remarks updated in the case of a Marine who is later assigned to a different BIC.
a. Recoupment will be computed at a prorated amount and will occur if the Marine:
(1) Fails to fulfill the 48-month obligation.
(2) Fails to participate satisfactorily.
(3) Executes a lateral move without written RA (RAM) approval.
(4) Changes BICS without written RA (RAM) approval.
(5) Executes an inter-unit transfer without prior written RA (RAM) approval.
(6) Executes mobilization orders, other than with parent command, without prior written RA (RAM) approval.
(7) Without written prior approval by COMMARFORRES (G1) and RA (RAP), performs Active Duty Operational Support (ADOS), (ADOS-RC, ADOS-AC, or ADOS-CO), with a unit other than their own for a period of greater than 90 cumulative days per fiscal year.
(8) Accesses to the Active Component or the Active Reserve program without completing a 48-month service obligation.
(9) Elects to transfer to the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) or Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA) program without completing the 48-month service obligation.
(10) Transfers to another branch of service.
(11) Resigns his or her appointment prior to completion of the 48-month service obligation.
b. Recoupment will not occur if the WO is required to involuntarily transfer to the IRR or inter-unit transfer to the IMA program due to unit deactivation or re-designation and there are no available BICs commensurate with the WO’s grade and MOS.
8. Request for early release or deferment of the 48-month service obligation shall be submitted to RA (RAM).
9. DIRLAUTH between SMCR units and RA (RCT) is authorized.
10. This bulletin cancels on 30 September 2017.
11. Marines who must commute greater than 150 miles from their home of record to a SMCR unit may be eligible for IDT Travel Reimbursement.
12. Release authorized by Colonel R. T. Tobin, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//