MARADMINS : 069/16
R 091321Z FEB 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CHANGE 1 TO FY16 MARINE CORPS OFFICER TEMPORARY EARLY RETIREMENT AUTHORITY (TERA) PROGRAM//
NARR/REF (A) IS MARADMIN 270/15, FY16 MARINE CORPS OFFICER TEMPORARY EARLY RETIREMENT AUTHORITY (TERA) PROGRAM.//
POC/D. P. FITZGERALD/CAPT/CMC MMSR-2/-/TEL:DSN 278-9324//
POC/ A. C. DINSDALE/MAJ/CMC MPP-30/-/TEL:DSN 278-9365//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. Provide updated guidance to the discretionary force management program, Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA).
2. Paragraph 2.C. of the reference is stricken. All personnel requesting early retirement under this authority shall not be considered eligible to retire as an officer unless they have met the 10 years commissioned service minimum requirement.
3. All other provisions of the reference remain.
4. This change is effective immediately. All requests for early retirement received at this headquarters after release of this message, which do not meet the updated eligibility criteria, will be returned with no action taken.
5. Requests previously approved by Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) will be grandfathered for fiscal year (FY) 2016, and requests reaching HQMC, MMSR-2 (O) prior to the date of this announcement will be processed per the initial FY 2016 guidance.
6. Release authorized by BGen G. W. Smith Jr., Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division, Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//