MARADMINS : 073/16
R 091800Z FEB 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESERVE SERGEANT MAJOR SLATE BILLET VACANCIES FOR CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2016//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1001R.1L/YMD: 20151223//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/RAP/YMD: 20131112//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 1001R.1L, MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REFERENCE B IS HQMC (RA) SELECT RESERVE BILLET IDENTIFICATION CODE (BIC) ASSIGNMENT AND MANAGEMENT POLICY DATED 20131112.//
POC/J. T. ADAMS, JR/SGTMAJ/UNIT: CMC/MRA RA/-/TEL: 703-784-9100//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The following listed billet is to be slated:
Command: Unit: Location: Date:
4th MarDiv 23rd Mar Regt San Bruno, CA Jun 2016
2. Sergeants Major must meet the following criteria:
a. Must have been selected on the fiscal year (FY)-13 promotion board or earlier, and will have completed a successful tour at the O5 level or have completed 24 months ending NLT 1 June 2016.
b. Must have at least 24 months of available service to obligate upon the assignment date in order to serve in the billet before a mandatory retirement date and not pass the Enlisted Career Force Controls (ECFC) per present policy. ECFC is not waiverable and requests will not be favorably endorsed.
c. Must meet height/weight standards and have completed and passed a most recent PFT/CFT within the previous calendar year verified in MCTFS.
3. Submission packages must be in standard naval letter (SNL) format to include a current certified promotion photo with height/weight verified, professional resume, Master Brief Sheet, and cover letter and addressed to the Director of Reserve Affairs (attn: SgtMaj). Each package must be endorsed via the immediate chain of command, to include the first O6 in the chain of command. No CG endorsement is required for this slate, but each of the respective MSC SgtsMaj in the chain of command of the submitting SgtMaj must be informed of the intent to submit via official email.
4. The SgtMaj selected for the listed billet must be prepared to effect orders NLT than the above listed date of assignment. Upon selection, the selectee will make immediate liaison with the newly slated unit to establish a formal check in date and conduct a proper turnover. The tour of duty for assignment to the O6 level command SgtMaj billet is for two (2) years and will be specifically directed via formal billet assignment letter by the RA SgtMaj via MSC assigned and MARADMIN. BIC policy on realignment allows for a 60 day turnover. In order to prevent the assignment of two SgtsMaj in the same BIC at the same unit, the gaining command is directed to move the outbound SgtMaj to an EX009 BIC and assign the inbound SgtMaj to the published BIC per the unit's verified T/O and reference (b) until completion of the inter unit transfer (IUT) by the proper administration section per reference (a). If moving from one MSC to the other as a result of the slate, both MSC SgtsMaj must be informed as to when the turnover will take place. A copy of the IUT will be provided to each MSC SgtMaj and the RA SgtMaj.
5. All correspondence as listed in paragraph 3 must arrive at HQMC (RA Division) NLT 15 Mar 2016. Applicants must sign, scan and email the entire package to: james.t.adams(at)usmc.mil.
6. Packages will be presented to the MSC SgtsMaj directly involved for selection and will be announced via separate correspondence immediately following completion of the slate. Questions concerning the slating process should be communicated directly to the Reserve Affairs SgtMaj at DSN 278-9100/Comm (703)-784-9100.
7. Release authorized by Col Robert T. Tobin, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting//