R 182113Z FEB 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 16-02 ACTIVE RESERVE PROGRAM ACCESSION AND CAREER DESIGNATION BOARDS//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1001.52J/YMD: 20110606//
REF/B/DOC/MCO P1610.7F/YMD: 20101019//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM/261405ZSEP13//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS THE MARINE CORPS ACTIVE RESERVE PROGRAM ORDER. REFERENCE (B) IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER FOR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. REFERENCE (C) IS GUIDANCE FOR OFFICIAL MILITARY PHOTOS.//
POC/ANTONIO L. BORREGO/MAJOR/RAM-1/DSN 278-0558/-/TEL: (703) 784-0558/EMAIL: ANTONIO.BORREGO(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Reserve Affairs will convene Fiscal Year (FY) 16-02 Active Reserve (AR) Officer Accession and Career Designation Boards on 25 April 2016. Applications will be accepted through 2359 on 31 March 2016.
2. Officer Accession Board
a. The AR Program provides a cadre of well-trained and experienced reserve component (RC) officers to serve as a critical piece of the Marine Corps’ full-time support (FTS) to the RC, as required by reference (a). The AR Program assists with organizing, preparing and administering policies and regulations; training and instructing, recruiting and retention and administration for the Marine Corps Reserve. AR officers facilitate the integration of the total force.
b. Officers selected to join the AR Program will fill a variety of billets in support of the RC across the globe.
c. Officers interested in applying to the AR Program can apply online at https:(slant)(slant)www.manpower.usmc.mil/application. Applicants must complete the online survey and submit a complete application package.
d. Eligibility Criteria
(1) Applicants must meet all qualification listed on pages 2-2 through 2-4 of reference (a).
(2) Active and Reserve Component lieutenants and captains who will have completed mandatory service obligations (commission, PCS, payback tour, mandatory drill stop date, etc.) by February 2017 are eligible.
(3) Ground majors promoted on or after 1 March 2014 are eligible.
(4) Aviation majors promoted on or after 1 March 2012 are eligible.
e. Reserve Affairs (RA) will request an RC commission for AC officers selected for accession. Completion of this requirement can take up to six months. Accession into the AR Program for AC officers will occur after the officer is approved for a reserve commission.
f. Current shortfalls within the AR Program (MOS/rank):
0102 1stLt - Maj
3002 1stLt - Maj
4402 1stLt - Maj
6002 1stLt - Maj
7556/7 Capt - Maj
7532 Capt – Maj
7565 Capt – Maj
7563 Capt - Maj
g. Applicants outside the parameters of paragraph 2.f. are eligible to apply as programmatic needs may change prior to the convening date. Additionally, the board may consider highly qualified officers for reclassification to meet program needs.
h. Application Process
(1) Complete application package with documents found under the reference section of the Officer Accession Board website, located at https:(slant)(slant)www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal/page/portal /M_RA_HOME/RA/RAM,Officer Assignments (RAM-1), Officer Accession Boards. Required documents are also annotated on the enclosures portion of the application sample located in the references section of the Officer Accession Board website.
(2) Acquire endorsement for application package from first O5/O6 commander in the chain of command. If no O5/O6 commander exists in the chain of command, an endorsement from the first General Officer in the chain of command should be obtained. Officers serving in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) do not require an endorsement.
(3) Reserve applicants only. The board will be provided a current Career Retirement Credit Report (CRCR). Reserve officers are encouraged to review their CRCR for accuracy, completion and certification within the previous 12 months.
(4) Complete application survey and submit completed application package by 2359 on 31 Mar 2016 via the web portal at: https:(slant)(slant)www.manpower.usmc.mil/application.
(5) Officers who previously applied must submit new packages.
i. Board Results. Officers selected for accession will be notified via MARADMIN. First term accession tours are 36 months and will be assigned based on the needs of the AR Program. Officers selected as alternates will be notified via separate correspondence.
j. Accession timelines will be coordinated between RAM-1 and officers selected for accession.
k. RC officers may elect to carry over leave if accessed within 30 days of a previous period of active duty. Coordination between the individual, unit administration and RAM-1 is required.
l. Officers who have received or are receiving separations or voluntary separations pay will be subject to recoupment by the U.S. Government upon accession.
3. Competitive Career Designation
a. Career designation offers an opportunity for unrestricted AR officer accessions to continue service in the AR Program. Officers will be considered for career designation on the first career designation board held after receiving 540 days of observed fitness reports for service in the AR Program. Officers career designated will be assigned an indefinite end of active service (EAS).
b. The board will consider fitness reports submitted through 1 Apr 15 towards the 540 days of required observation.
c. Officers with an EAS not supporting an opportunity for career designation must request an extension from RAM-1 via AA Form.
d. Officers not approved for career designation will be released from the Active Reserve program upon EAS. If an officer’s EAS allows additional career designation boards, he or she will be considered.
e. Application Process
(1) Complete application package with documents found under the reference section of the Officer Accession Board website, located at https:(slant)(slant)www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal/page/portal /M_RA_HOME/RA/RAM, Officer Assignments (RAM-1), Career Designation.
(2) Acquire endorsement for application package from the first O5/O6 commander in chain of command. If no O5/O6 commander exists in the chain of command, an endorsement from the first General Officer in the chain of command should be obtained.
(3) Complete application survey and submit completed application package by 2359 on 31 Mar 16 via the web portal at: https:(slant)(slant)www.manpower.usmc.mil/application.
f. Career designation incurs a 24-month obligation from the date of acceptance. Officers who decline career designation will be separated at EAS.
4. Officers are responsible for ensuring completion of fitness reports and updating of official photographs as required by references (b) and (c).
5. Waivers to eligibility requirements set forth in this MARADMIN or reference (a) will be considered at the discretion of the Director of RA.
6. Release authorized by Colonel R. T. Tobin, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//