MARADMINS : 103/16
R 251713Z FEB 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MP//
SUBJ/ADVANCE NOTICE OF CH-1 TO MCO 5300.18- CHANGE OF APPROVAL AUTHORITY FOR MARINE CORPS WIDE SURVEYS//
POC/K.A. HOGAN/MAJ/UNIT:MPA/-/TEL:(703) 784-9369/TEL:DSN 278-9369//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC WASH DC MSAB/21 MAY 2015//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 5300.18, MARINE CORPS SURVEY PROGRAM//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Situation. Effective immediately, the Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs will be the final approval authority on all Marine Corps wide surveys.
2. Mission. DC, M&RA conducts additional HQMC oversight of proposed Marine Corps wide surveys in order to reduce survey burden, eliminate redundancy, and mitigate survey fatigue.
a. Any survey whose target population includes Marines across commands will require DC, M&RA approval, regardless of sample size. Surveys submitted to the HQMC Survey Office will still require a General Officer or Senior Executive Service endorsement, per the ref, prior to DC, M&RA review.
(1) Example: Past surveys which would fall under this new policy would be the Financial Quick Poll and the Enlisted Retention Survey.
b. Exception to Policy. Exempt surveys, as defined by paragraph 5.a.1 of the ref, will not require DC, M&RA approval.
(1) Example: Examples of exempted surveys are the Commandants Command Climate Survey and course evaluation surveys.
4. Administration and Logistics
a. Administration. This MARADMIN constitutes authority to change the ref as directed in paragraph 3.
b. Logistics. N/A
5. Command and Signal
a. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
b. Additional information may be found on the Marine Corps Survey website at www.manpower.usmc.mil under Active Marine, Manpower Plans and Policy, Manpower Plans and Analysis tab.
c. This MARADMIN will self-cancel upon publication of this change into the reference.
d. Questions may be referred to Maj K. Hogan, Survey Program Manager, at kerry.hogan(at)usmc.mil.
6. Release authorized by LtGen M. A. Brilakis, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//