MARADMINS : 117/16
R 021853Z MAR 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/COMMARCORSYSCOM QUANTICO, VA//
SUBJ/AUTHORIZED MARINE CORPS COMBAT BOOTS//
REF/A/DOC/CMC MCUB/18 MAR 2008//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO P1020.34G CHANGE 1-5//
POC/NHIII M. BOYT/-/MCUB/-/TEL: (703) 432-3573 OR DSN 378-3573/EMAIL: MARY.BOYT(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXTS/REMARKS/1. Per paragraph 1007 of the reference, all uniform clothing, equipment, and accessories issued or sold by the DOD Supply System are considered regulation. Non-supply system clothing items are regulation if they contain a USMC approval identification serial number, except as otherwise authorized in these regulations.
2. Purpose. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to clarify which boots are authorized for Marines to wear in uniform.
3. Per MCBul 10120 FY16, the Rugged All Terrain (RAT) Hot Weather (HW) and Temperate Weather (TW) boots satisfy the minimum boot requirement. Additionally, the previously issued Marine Corps Combat Boot (MCCB), HW and TW, also meet the minimum requirement.
4. The below lists include MCCB and RAT boots that are authorized for wear in uniform. The boots identified below are available within the Marine Corps exchange stores, as well as Army, Air Force and Navy exchange stores. This list is subject to change as new boots are certified/de-certified and this MARADMIN will be updated accordingly. Style numbers, located on manufacturing labels on the boots, indicate the boot has been certified by the Marine Corps and is authorized for wear in uniform. The rat boots manufactured by Bates and Wellco, although not on the below list, are authorized for wear if previously issued to Marines.
5. Authorized MCCBs:
a. Danner Style No. 26025 (TW)
b. Danner Style No. 26027 (HW)
c. Belleville Style No. 50 (TW)
d. Belleville Style No. 590 (HW)
e. McRae Style No. 8286 (TW)
f. McRae Style No. 8187 (HW)
g. Bates Style No. E50501 (HW)
h. Bates Style No. E30501 (HW)
6. Authorized RAT boots:
a. Danner Style No. 15670X (HW)
b. Danner Style No. 15660X (TW)
7. Marines may continue to wear special issue/organizational issue boots (i.e. safety and flight boots) per the commander’s guidance; however, they will not satisfy the minimum boot requirement.
8. Release authorized by BGen J. F. Shrader, COMMARCORSYSCOM//