MARADMINS : 150/16
R 151216Z MAR 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/QUARTERLY PAGE 11 COUNSELINGS FOR NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PROMOTION TO CORPORAL AND SERGEANT//
REF/A/MSGID:MSG/CMC WASH DC MRA MM/021108ZFEB16//
AMPN/REF A IS MARADMIN 055/16 CHANGE IN TIG AND SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO CORPORAL AND CHANGE IN SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO SERGEANT//
POC/M.L. PETERS/MAJ/MMPR-2/-/TEL:DSN 278-9718 EMAIL:MICHELLE.PETERS(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to provide additional guidance on the procedures for issuing quarterly page 11 counselings as announced in reference (a).
2. Per reference (a) to reduce promotion oversight errors and page 11 entries, this selection criteria change allows for quarterly not recommended for promotion entries. Changes in Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) will retain the "not rec" status for the entire promotion quarter. Therefore, a Marine will receive one "not rec" page 11 per quarter. After the select grades for that last promotion month of the quarter have been processed and posted, the promotion recommendation status will be reset making the Marine eligible for promotion for the next quarter. If a commander with promotion authority wishes to pull the "not rec" at any time during the quarter to allow that Marine to be eligible for promotion MCTFS will allow the "not rec" to be removed.
3. In the event a commander chooses to pull the "not rec" during the quarter that the Marine received a quarterly "not rec," a page 11 will be required stating the Marine is recommended for promotion for the remaining month(s) within the quarter. The original page 11 will remain within the Marines record. The "rec/not rec" process established within MOL will remain the same.
a. Example "not rec" page 11: I understand that I am eligible but not recommended for promotion to the rank of sergeant for the second quarter of 2016 (April, May, June) due to not completing the required PME.
b. Example "rec" page 11: I understand I am recommended for promotion to sergeant for the month of June 2016 due to completing my required PME on 10 May 2016.
4. Commands have the choice to issue either a monthly or quarterly "not rec" page 11 starting with the second quarter of 2016 (April, May, June). However, the MCTFS will not be updated to except the quarterly "not rec" until the third quarter of 2016 (July, August, September). Therefore, "not recs" ran for promotion in the second quarter will still need to be reported in MOL monthly.
5. Once the MCTFS is updated commanders who issued a monthly "not rec" page 11 will need to ensure the Marine is run as recommended for promotion within MOL for the month within the quarter they are recommended. This is required because once a "not rec" is reported within MOL it will be in place within MCTFS for the entire quarter unless withdrawn utilizing MOL.
6. For Marine enlisted promotion matters call commercial (703)784-9717 or DSN 278-9717. E-mail inquiries may be submitted to enlistedpromotions(at)usmc.mil. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil. Select "Active Marine," "Manpower Management (MM)," "Promotion Branch," then "Enlisted Promotions." From there Click on "Message Traffic," then "Noncommissioned Officer (NCO)."
7. Release authorized by MajGen Craig Q. Timberlake, Director, Manpower Management Division.//