MARADMINS : 170/16
R 212044Z MAR 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 2ND QTR OF FY16//
REF/A/MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/ R 031505Z JUN 15//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/-/25SEP08//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCED THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 2ND QTR OF FY16//
AND REF B IS MCO 3902.1D, MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS)//
POC/M. P. BAILEY/GS15/OAD/-/TEL: 703-784-6028/EMAIL: MICHAEL.BAILEY(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/L. R. WATTS/GS13/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8189/EMAIL: LISA.WATTS(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per references (a) and (b), this message announces the results of the Call for Studies for the 2nd Qtr of FY16.
2. Tier I studies are considered appropriate studies that meet the criteria provided in reference (a) as delineated by the CMC and DC, CD and I; these studies will commence as soon as possible. Tier II nominations are those found to be analytically sound and worthy of execution but either cannot be executed with available resources and/or require further development (e.g., refinement of study scope) before they can be executed.
3. The following study nominations are Tier I (Sponsor in parentheses).
a. Division Combat Engineer Capabilities (including: Combat Engineer, Heavy Equipment and Utilities Support) in 3d MarDiv (DC, PP and O)
b. MAGTF-TC Equipment Allowance Pool (EAP) Analysis (DC, I and L)
c. Study of the 25th Marines Obligor Attrition and Obligor Alignment Plan Retention (COMMARFORRES)
4. The following studies are Tier II:
a. EF-21 UAS Capability Analysis (DC, AVN)
b. Evaluation of the War Reserve System (WRS) in Order to Improve the Efficiency and Effectiveness (COMLOGCOM)
c. Incremental Implementation of Personal Protective Equipment (DC, CD and I)
d. MAGTF CEWCC Planning and Execution Training (DC, CD and I)
5. The OAD government study lead appointed to oversee each accepted study will contact the agency POC as provided in the study nomination to prepare for study execution. Those study nominations not listed in the above were declined for execution. POCs for declined study nominations will be contacted via email by the OAD Technical Director.
6. Per reference (b), Marine Corps commands and activities that have commissioned studies and analysis outside of the MCSS are required to notify OAD (C 19) of such initiatives, to include the purpose and scope of their respective efforts. Additionally electronic copies of completed studies and analytical efforts shall be provided to OAD (C 19) for inclusion into the MCSS repository. This can be accomplished by emailing: mcss(at)usmc.mil.
7. To obtain additional information regarding OAD study products, please visit https:(slant)(slant)mccdc.portal.usmc.mil/org/source/default.aspx or you may contact the OAD Technical Director, Michael Bailey, email: michael.bailey(at)usmc.mil.
8. Questions regarding this announcement of the MCSS process may be directed to Lisa Watts, email: lisa.watts(at)usmc.mil.
9. Release Authorized by Lieutenant General Robert S. Walsh, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//