MARADMINS : 269/16
R 261915Z MAY 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/LIST OF NON-MARINE CORPS CORRESPONDENCE COURSES, AVAILABLE FOR RESERVE RETIREMENT CREDIT//
REF/A/DOC/DOD/10 OCT 2014//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASH DC MRA RAP/23 DEC 2015//
NARR/ REFERENCE A IS DOD INSTRUCTION 1215.21, RESERVE COMPONENT USE OF ELECTRONIC-BASED DISTRIBUTED LEARNING METHODS FOR TRAINING. REFERENCE B IS MCO 1001R.1L, THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM).//
POC/E. J. WUNDERLICH/LTCOL/UNIT: RAP-1/TEL: 703-784-9138/EMAIL: RAP(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This announcement identifies the list of courses available from other services creditable for Marine Corps reserve retirement. In accordance with reference (a), the Secretary of the Navy will create, communicate, and annually update a list of Distributed Learning training courses available for reserve retirement credit. Reserve Affairs has published the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (ASN) approved list for non-Marine Corps correspondence courses that are eligible for reserve retirement points on the following website: www.manpower.usmc.mil. Select “Reserve Marine”, and then “Reserve Affairs Policy (RAP)”. Select “Personnel Policy (RAP-1)”, and then “Electronic-Based Distributed Learning Methods (EBDL)”. If a course is not listed on the spreadsheet, it may be submitted to Reserve Affairs via email to rap(at)usmc.mil for consideration to be added to the ASN approved list.
2. Ineligibility. In accordance with reference (b), Reserve Marines may not earn reserve retirement points whenever correspondence courses are completed on the same day that a Marine earns retirement points for a different occasion. Should the grading of a course inadvertently delay completion of a course, then the Marine should follow the procedures in reference (b) to correct the course completion date.
3. Administrative Procedures. In accordance with reference (b), administrators will report completion of the course on unit diary using a one reserve retirement point per four hours of study ratio. Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) Marines will submit their requests directly to supporting administrative sections. Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA), Individual Ready Reserve (IRR), or Active Status List (ASL) Marines will submit an Electronic Personnel Action Request (EPAR) via Marine Online (MOL) that includes a scanned copy of the course certificate to the MARFORRES Installation Personnel Administration Center (IPAC).
4. This message has no impact on existing procedures for Marine Corps courses, which remain available for automatic reserve retirement credit upon completion in MarineNet.
5. This message is applicable to the Reserve Component.
6. Release authorized by Colonel R. T. Tobin, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//