CALENDAR YEAR 2015 MARINE CORPS INTELLIGENCE AND NATIONAL MILITARY INTELLIGENCE ASSOCIATION AWARDS SELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT
Date Signed: 6/14/2016
MARADMINS Number: 305/16
R 141745Z JUN 16
MSGID/GENADMIN,USMTF,2007/CMC WASHINGTON DC I//
SUBJ/CALENDAR YEAR 2015 MARINE CORPS INTELLIGENCE AND NATIONAL MILITARY INTELLIGENCE ASSOCIATION AWARDS SELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT//
REF/A/MSGID: MARADMIN 002/16 /CMC WASHINGTON DC I/R 051444Z JAN 16//
AMPN/REF A SOLICITED NOMINATIONS FOR THE SUBJECT AWARDS//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Congratulations to all the nominees for the 2015 Marine Corps Intelligence Awards Program (MCIAP) and the National Military Intelligence Association (NMIA) Marine Corps Awards.
2. The MCIAP recognizes intelligence Marines, civilians, and units that best exemplify excellence in intelligence, innovation, and dedication to mission accomplishment within the Operating Forces, Supporting Establishment, and Marine Corps Reserve. The superior quality of the nominees made selection exceptionally challenging and reflects the outstanding performance of our intelligence professionals within the Marine Corps Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Enterprise.
3. I am pleased to announce the following MCIAP selectees:
3a. The LtCol Michael D. Kuszewski Marine Corps Intelligence Officer of the Year Award: Maj Felix A. Rodriguez USMC, Intelligence Officer, Marine Corps Forces Central Command (5th Marine Expeditionary Brigade).
3b. The MGySgt Samuel C. Plott Marine Corps Intelligence Staff Noncommissioned Officer of the Year Award: GySgt Daniel K. Nokes USMC, Intelligence Chief, Marine Special Operations Company Golf (2d Marine Raider Support Battalion).
3c. The MSgt Charles C. Arndt Marine Corps Intelligence Noncommissioned Officer of the Year Award: Sgt Joshua D. Rundle USMC CI/HUMINT Collector, NATO Special Operations Component Command-Afghanistan (1st Intelligence Battalion).
3d. The LCpl James E. Swain Marine Corps Intelligence Enlisted Marine of the Year Award: LCpl Trevor D. White USMC, Meteorology and Oceanography Analyst, 3d Intelligence Battalion.
3e. The Mr. John J. Guenther Marine Corps Intelligence Civilian of the Year Award: Mr. Lawrence L. Young, CI Plans and Policy Specialist, HQMC Intelligence Department.
3f. The Director of Intelligence Innovation Award: Sergeant Kenneth D. Welch, Technical Control and Analysis Center Specialist, 3d Radio Battalion.
3g. The Director Of Intelligence Unit of the Year Award (DIRINT’S Cup): 3d Marine Raider Support Battalion.
3h. The MajGen Michael E. Ennis Award for Literary Excellence: Col Matthew G. Rau, III MEF; “Intelligence for Intuitive Command”.
3i. The Marine Corps Language Professional of the Year: SSgt Matthew E. Paisie, Marine Cryptologic Support Battalion.
3j. The Marine Corps Command Language Program of the Year: 3d Radio Battalion.
4. The MCIAP selectees will be honored at the sixth annual Marine Corps Association and Foundation (MCAF) Intelligence Awards Dinner on 22 September 2016 in Arlington, Va. Headquarters Marine Corps Intelligence Department (HQMC-I) will provide funding for award recipients to attend the ceremony; MCAF will provide funding for one non-DoD relative or friend of each award recipient to attend the ceremony. HQMC-I and MCAF will provide travel coordinating instructions via separate correspondence.
5. I am also pleased to announce the selectees for the 2015 NMIA Colonel Donald G. Cook USMC, Award and the Colonel James L. Jones USMCR, Award. The NMIA Cook and Jones Awards recognize professional excellence and exceptional dedication to duty for an active duty regular Marine or government civilian and a reserve Marine Corps Intelligence professional, respectively. The 2015 NMIA Col Cook Award selectee is Maj Edward C. Brown USMC, Marine Special Operations Company Golf (2d Marine Raider Support Battalion). The 2015 NMIA Col Jones Award selectee is SSgt Jeff R. Gordon USMCR, HQMC- I. Maj Brown And SSgt Gordon were presented their awards during the 22 May 2016 NMIA awards banquet.
6. I extend my sincere congratulations to these intelligence professionals and their families who display such outstanding professionalism and commitment to our Corps.
7. Release authorized by Col W. H. Seely III, Director of Intelligence, Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps.//