MARADMINS : 330/16
R 241308Z JUN 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC C4//
SUBJ/FY-16 ANNUAL CYBER SECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING//
REF/A/MSGID:MSG/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA/111819ZJUN13//
REF/B/MSGID:MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC (C4)/232110ZDEC13//
NARR/REF A IS UPDATES TO ANNUAL CYBER AWARENESS TRAINING FOR 2013. REF B IS CLARIFICATION OF MARADMIN 288/13 UPDATES TO ANNUAL CYBER AWARENESS TRAINING FOR 2013. REF C IS DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE INSTRUCTION, CYBERSECURITY. REF D IS DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE DIRECTIVE, CYBERSPACE WORK FORCE MANAGEMENT. REF E IS MARINE CORPS ENTERPRISE CYBERSECURITY DIRECTIVE, CYBERSECURITY WORKFORCE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. POC/RAY A. LETTEER/CIV/UNIT: HQMC C4 CYBERSECURITY/WASHINGTON DC/TEL: 7036933490/EMAIL: RAY.LETTEER(AT)HQMC.USMC.MIL//
POC/LEROY HALL/MGYSGT/UNIT: HQMC C4 CYBERSECURITY/WASHINGTON DC TEL: 5712568864/EMAIL: LEROY.HALL(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/WILLIAM K. LACEY/CIV/UNIT: TECOM/QUANTICO VA/TEL: 7034321637 /EMAIL: WILLIAM.LACEY(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/CHARLENE R. BAER/CIV/UNIT: HQMC INTEL/TEL: 7036936005/CHARLENE.BAER(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/MARLA K. RANKIN/CIV/UNIT: M AND RA MPC-30/TEL: 7034329420/EMAIL: MARLA.RANKIN(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/RMKS/1. This is a coordinated training requirements MARADMIN for Marine Corps Active Duty and Reserve Marines, Appropriated Fund (APF) and Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) civilians, and contractors with at least one of the following accounts: 1) an active USMC Non-classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET) account, 2) an active USMC Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) account, 3) an active Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) account, or 4) any special access accounts. This MARADMIN is coordinated between Training and Education command (TECOM), Manpower and Reserve Affairs (M&RA), Headquarters Marine Corps, Command, Control, Communications and Computers (HQMC C4), and Marine Corps Intelligence Activity (MCIA) and cancels references (a) and (b). This message is effective upon release.
2. Background. The Cyber Awareness Challenge is the first line of defense in ensuring that all Marine Corps personnel who have network access are properly trained and have the baseline knowledge in Cybersecurity to protect Marine Corps networks against threats. Failure to complete this training introduces unnecessary operational risks to Marine Corps networks and weakens security measures that are in place. This MARADMIN provides information to ensure that the cyber awareness training is completed by all Marine Corps personnel, with network access, in order to satisfy FY-16 training requirements.
3. Policy. The cyber awareness training is a fiscal year (FY) training requirement in accordance with references (c) through (e). It has been aligned with Department of Defense and Department of the Navy training completion reporting in order to support FY Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) reporting requirements. The cyber awareness training is valid for one year or 365 days from the date of last training completion. This is a mandatory training and network access requirement.
4. Requirement. Personnel who have previously completed the Cyber Awareness Challenge v2 training for FY-16, prior to release of this message, are not required to take the Cyber Awareness Challenge v3 training until their next training period or 365 days from the date of last training completion. All personnel who have not completed their cyber awareness training will be required to take the Cyber Awareness Challenge v3 training. Intelligence Community (IC) personnel will continue to take the Intelligence Community Cyber Awareness Challenge v2 or Cyber Intel training as the cyber awareness training for the IC has not been updated to IC Cyber Awareness Challenge v3. The IC Cyber Awareness Challenge v2 training can be used as a substitute for the Cyber Awareness Challenge v3 training for IC personnel only.
5. Training requirements by group. To complete the proper training courses, on the correct platform, users should select the curriculum and training location, (MarineNet or Total Workforce Management System (TWMS)), that best aligns with their status and level of network access as described below. Only one curriculum needs to be completed. The following describes what curriculum should be selected, by group, to satisfy the FY-16 requirement:
a. Active Duty and Reserve Marines as well as all other uniformed personnel assigned to the Marine Corps for duty that have an active USMC NIPRNET and/or SIPRNET account will complete MarineNet training curriculum “USMC Cyber Awareness Training”, MarineNet code (CYBERM0000).
b. Active Duty, Reserve, and Civilian Marines as well as all contractors that have an active JWICS, National Security Agency (NSA) network, or any other special access account will complete MarineNet training curriculum “Intelligence Community Cyber Awareness Training Curriculum”, MarineNet code (CYBERINTEL). The IC Cyber Awareness Challenge v2 training remains valid as it has not been updated to IC Cyber Awareness Challenge v3.
c. APF and NAF Civilian Marines and foreign national civilians that have an active USMC NIPRNET and/or SIPRNET account and access to computers will complete all annual cyber awareness training in TWMS. All training will be conducted during an employee’s duty hours. The TWMS cyber awareness courses are titled “FY16 DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge v3, course ID #64736” and “FY16 Privacy and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Awareness Training, course ID #64739”. Individuals with NIPRNET and/or SIPRNET accounts who do not have access to computers will attend in-person annual mandatory training. Attendance will be reported to Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS) via their training coordinator.
d. Contractors with an active USMC NIPRNET and/or SIPRNET account will complete MarineNet training curriculum “Civilian Cyber Awareness Training”, MarineNet code (CYBERC).
6. All Department of Defense (DoD) service members who are enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) can create a MarineNet account by selecting the “Sign Up for a New MarineNet Account” link under the “Log In” section on the MarineNet home page at https:(forward-slash)(forward-slash)marinenet.usmc.mil.
a. MarineNet is accessed via any public key enabled (PKE) computer using either one’s email or identity certificate and pin or via any non-PKE computer by setting up a MarineNet username and password. To access a curriculum, type in the curriculum title or curriculum code into the search window and select the “Search Catalog” button. In the next window, select the “Enroll” button to enroll in the curriculum.
b. Contractors, international officers serving with the Marine Corps, and others not enrolled in DEERS, shall obtain command sponsorship in order to obtain a MarineNet account. Instructions on how to request access can be found by clicking on the “Requesting a MarineNet Account” link in the “Getting Access” section on the MarineNet home page. These individuals who have active USMC NIPRNET and/or SIPRNET accounts will complete CYBERC training, located on MarineNet annually “on a FY basis”.
c. For assistance with any questions or problems accessing MarineNet or viewing these courses, contact the MarineNet help desk at https:(forward-slash)(forward-slash)help.marinenet.usmc.mil or by calling (888)4dl-USMC (435-8762) between the hours of 0800-1900 EST, Monday-Friday.
7. Accessing TWMS. Open the internet browser, type: “https:(forward-slash)(forward-slash)mytwms.navy.mil”, select the email or identity certificate and enter your pin when prompted. After logging in, read the disclaimer and click continue. A popup window of new required courses for Cyber Awareness and PII training will appear. You may also access the training under the tools/actions menu and selecting “Online Training and Notices”. Underneath the “Required Training and Notices” tab, all FY-16 required training should be identified. If the training is not underneath this tab, select the “Available Training” tab, scroll through and select the “DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge v3” link which will take you to the training. Contact your local training coordinator for additional assistance.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the total force.
9. Release authorized by Brigadier General D. A. Crall, Director, C4/CIO of the Marine Corps, Headquarters Marine Corps.//