MARADMINS : 373/16
R 181516Z Jul 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/2016 WORKPLACE AND GENDER RELATIONS SURVEY OF ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS//
POC/J. MARCON ZABECKI/CIV/UNIT: MFB/-/TEL: 703-784-1247/EMAIL:JESSICA.ZABECKI(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the fielding of the 2016 Workplace and Gender Relations Survey of Active Duty Members (2016 WGRA), beginning 20 July 2016. Findings from this voluntary and confidential survey will be published with the Fiscal Year 2016 Department of Defense (DOD) Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military.
2. Background. The 2016 WGRA is a congressionally mandated survey that occurs every two years. The 2016 WGRA will provide information to leaders in Congress and the DOD components about members’ experiences of unwanted gender-related behaviors.
3. The web-based survey opens on 20 July 2016 and will be made available to a large percentage of active duty male and female Marines. The anticipated sample will consist of 735,329 active duty members across the services, to include 75% of servicewomen and 50% of servicemen. This survey will tentatively close at the end of September 2016.
4. Marines who are invited to participate in the 2016 WGRA will receive emails from Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) throughout the survey period. Marines will also receive a letter from the Commandant of the Marine Corps discussing the significance of the survey. Marines will be able to complete the survey on Marine Corps computers, during duty hours, at home, or by smart phone.
5. If you did not receive a letter but would like to check if you were selected to participate, please visit http: (slash slash) www.dodsurveys.mil; click the button “Am I in a DMDC Survey Sample?”; and enter your 10 digit Electronic Data Interchange Personal Identification number, which can be found on the back of your Common Access Card.
6. For further information about this survey, please call the Survey Processing Center at 1-800-881-5307, send an e-mail to WGR-Survey@mail.mil, or send a fax to 1-763-268-3002.
7. Commanders and Senior Enlisted Advisors are encouraged to make available the necessary time and tools to complete the survey for all Marines invited to participate in the 2016 WGRA.
8. This MARADMIN is cancelled 20 October 2016.
9. Release authorized by MajGen B. W. Whitman, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//