MARADMINS : 382/16
R 261941Z Jul 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCCDC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 3RD QTR OF FY16//
REF/A/MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/R 031505Z JUN 16//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC /-/25SEP08//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCED THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 3RD QTR OF FY16 AND REF B IS MCO 3902.1D, MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS)//
POC/JAMES A. EVANS/GS15/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8124/EMAIL: JAMES.A.EVANS(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/L. R. WATTS/GS13/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8189/EMAIL: LISA.WATTS(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per references (a) and (b), this message announces the results of the Call for Studies for the 3rd QTR of FY16.
2. Tier I studies are considered appropriate studies that meet the criteria provided in reference (B) as delineated by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration (DC, CDI); these studies will commence as soon as possible. Tier II nominations are those found to be analytically sound and worthy of execution, but either cannot be executed with available resources and/or require further development (e.g., refinement of study scope) before they can be executed.
3. The following study nominations are Tier I (sponsor in parentheses).
a. Alignment of Engineer Capabilities Across the Marine Air Ground Task Force (DC, PPO)
b. Enterprised Capabilities, Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Operations in a Communications-Contested Environment (Dir, INTEL)
c. Integration Implementation Plan Research and Assessment (DC, MRA)
d. Marine Prepositioning Force Crisis Response Force Package Seabasing Enabled Deployment Study, (DC, CDI)
e. Small Unmanned System Capability Analysis (DC, IL)
4. The following studies are Tier II:
a. Ballistic Glass replacement Analysis for Bravo and Delta Table of Authorization Material Control (CG, LOGCOM)
b. Manning Marine Corps Aviation Cyberspace Operations Workforce (DC, AVN)
c. Marine Family Program Measurement (DC, MRA)
d. Measures of Effectiveness for Sexual Assault Programs (DC, MRA)
e. Planning Factors for USMC Ratios of Equipment Principle End Items to Maintainers and Technicians (CG, LOGCOM)
f. Predictors of Attrition and Continuation in the USMC Reserve FY09 Non-Prior Service Enlisted Cohort (DC, MRA)
g. Sustainment Training Program for Navy Medical Personnel (Dir, HQMC Health Services)
h. USMC Aviation Electronic Warfare Strategic Roadmap (DC, AVN)
5. The Operations Analysis Directorate (OAD) government study lead appointed to oversee each accepted study will contact the agency point of contact (POC) as provided in the study nomination to prepare for study execution. Those study nominations not listed above were declined for execution. POCs for declined study nominations will be contacted via email by the Director, External Analysis Division.
6. Per reference (B), Marine Corps Commands and Activities that have commissioned studies and analysis outside of the MCSS are required to notify OAD (c 19) of such initiatives, to include the purpose and scope of their respective efforts. Additionally, electronic copies of completed studies and analytical efforts shall be provided to OAD (c 19) for inclusion into the MCSS repository. This can be accomplished by emailing: mcss(at)usmc.mil.
7. To obtain additional information regarding OAD study products, please visit https:(slant)(slant)mccdc.portal.usmc.mil/org/source/default.aspx or you may contact the Director, External Analysis Division, Mr. James A. Evans, email: james.a.evans(at)usmc.mil.
8. Questions regarding this announcement or the MCSS process may be directed to Lisa Watts, email: lisa.watts(at)usmc.mil.
9. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Robert S. Walsh, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//