SOLICITATION FOR THE MARINE CORPS GROUND ORDNANCE MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATION AWARDS PROGRAM (GOMA) FOR FY 2016
Date Signed: 9/23/2016
MARADMINS Number: 504/16
231604Z Sep 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L LP WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION FOR THE MARINE CORPS GROUND ORDNANCE MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATION AWARDS PROGRAM (GOMA) FOR FY 2016//
AMPN/REF A IS THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS GROUND ORDNANCE MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATION (GOMA) AWARDS PROGRAM.//
POC/T. M. EPPERSON/CAPT/UNIT: HQMC, I and L LPC-1/TEL: 571-256-7105/EMAIL: THOMAS.EPPERSON(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/L. C. BAUGHMAN/MGYSGT/UNIT: HQMC, I and L LPC-1/TEL: 571-256-7109/EMAIL: LANCE.BAUGHMAN(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To solicit nominees for the 2016 USMC GOMA. The GOMA was established to recognize the outstanding Achievements of individual Ground Ordnance Maintenance Marines on an annual basis.
1.a. The four award categories are as follows:
1.a.1. Marine Corps Ground Ordnance Maintenance Officer of the year.
1.a.2. Marine Corps Ground Ordnance Maintenance staff Non-commissioned Officer (SNCO) of the year.
1.a.3. Marine Corps Ground Ordnance Maintenance Non-commissioned Officer (NCO) of the year.
1.a.4. Marine Corps Ground Ordnance Maintenance of the year.
2. Situation. The nominees will be judged by an awards board comprised of Senior Members of the Ground Ordnance Maintenance community at Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC), Installations and Logistics (I and L). The announcement of award winners and amplifying instructions regarding the presentation of awards will be provided in future correspondence.
3. Action. Commands with personnel who meet the prerequisites contained in the reference are encouraged to submit nominations. Commands are directed to review reference a in its entirety and ensure individual nomination packages are created and submitted in accordance with the reference and the information contained in this MARADMIN.
3.a. The 2016 GOMA competitive period is the 12-month period Beginning 1 October 2015 and ending 30 September 2016.
3.b. All nominations must be received by HQMC I and L Logistics Policy and capabilities (LPC-1) branch no later than 31 December 2016. Due to the volume of award recommendations received, late or Incomplete nomination packages will be rejected. Commands are Directed to scan and save packages in portable Document Format (PDF) and send the file to the message Points of contact via the United States army aviation and missile research, development, And engineering center safe access file exchange (ARMDEC SAFE) Using https:(slash)(slash)safe.armdec.army.mil(slash)safe(slash). Packages submitted via United States mail service will not be Accepted.
3.c. It is highly recommend each command identified in the Reference, publish a submission schedule in order to screen, evaluate, And select nominations that allows sufficient time for the nomination Package to arrive at HQMC, I and L, LPC-1 no later than 31 December 2016.
3.d. Commands (e. G., DIV, MLG, MEF, etc.) Are encouraged to Conduct an internal board of all nomination packages and forward One package per category. This will ensure each command Submits the most qualified candidate to represent their Organization.
4. Responsibilities. HQMC, I and L, LPC-1 is responsible for Coordinating Marine Corps participation for all GOMA selections And ceremonies conducted by the awards sponsor.
5. Reserve applicability. The GOMA is applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
6. Address questions pertaining to this MARADMIN to the above Mentioned points of contact.
7. Release authorized by BGen T. V. Williams, Assistant Deputy commandant for Installations and Logistics (LP).//